UK A5 cab, seatbelt mics think they are in Germany

jonstatt

Reaction score
I have a B9.5 A5 cabriolet that has the seat belt mics. But I have noticed that

1) connecting drivers side buckle still used roof mic
2) connecting both drivers and passengers buckles results in both seatbelt mics working
3) connecting passenger side buckle only results in no mic at all

OBDEleven shows correct detection in A6 module of driver and passenger seat belt buckles. CAN output shows all 6 seatbelt mics are OK. Roof mic shows open circuit despite working perfectly but Audi bulletin A9120682059607_1 says to ignore this fault. I don't have access to the full bulletin.

What on Earth is going on. The passenger seatbelt is the only thing that makes changes happen which is why this feels like a software bug to me with some confusion of left hand and right hand drive cars.

Had a strange call with the dealer. They said the UK model isn't meant to have those seatbelt mics anymore. Sure enough it's not listed in the specs on the website anywhere. They said they could disable them. No point to do that. But looks like a factory error.

It's not the only anomaly on this car. The footwell lights are permanently white despite having the extended LED pack. And the MMI has a different option than normal with a footwell on/off toggle and showing them as only white.