TYRES????????????

vw754

vorsprung Durch Technik
Reaction score
Soon il need some tyres and like a lot of us out there ''times are hard'' !
so what i need is something cheap but not cheerful so what should i go for,seen some like falken @ £60,kenda kaiser@ £50,and some others ive never heard of....of course if i had the money id be going for michelin pilot sports (what i have at the moment) so whats a good budget one thats good in the wet and dry? 225 40 18.

THEY GOOD IN WET AND WHATS THE HANDLING LIKE IN BOYRACER MODE:racer:

slightly off topic but his anyone riding on the new pirelli trofeo's? how do they compare to eagle f1s asym? one of my F1s has a screw in it, not sure how deep its sat in the rubber but I dont want to pull it out and find out

I bought a set a of FK452's, I went from Goodyears and I'm happy with the result and savings...

vw754, im sure i read earlier that someone had just upgraded to 19" and hadnt long bought some 18" contys i think, have a search of 19" alloys see if ya can find it.

I've got Kumho Ecsta KU31s on our A3 Sportback (225/45 R17) and Kumho Solus KH17s (Which? Best Tyre winner, 195/65 R15) on my Bora. Excellent tyres; noticeably quieter than other makes, low rolling resistance and great value. I've been told they have a soft compound (which may mean short life) but a steady 8k on the A3 since they were fitted hasn't brought about any noticeable wear.

Got both my sets from http://www.blackcircles.co.uk.

I'm running Nankang NS2's on my Passat, best budget tyres I've had in a long time, they have been pretty good in the wet and the snowy weather we have had also.

Thought about Vredestein's - I've got Pilot Sports now - But my A3 had Vreds after Pilots, they're a much better tyre - Award winning also. :icon_thumright:

Second the Nanakangs. Used to have NS2 sport on both my old polos, and my old man used them on his MG ZTT+. Hold the road pretty well, cheap and Nankang are OEM on Hyundai IIRC

Now using Linglong L688's (they were what was on the car when I bought it) - cheaper than the Nankangs. Pretty good for the money TBH, not had them let go as yet in wet or dry under regular driving.

Last edited:
Second on the Vredestein, i went from pirelli pzero rosso to Vredes, saved £50 per tyre, and the Vredes are better in the wet but only slightly worse in the dry.