TYRES

ADR14N

Reaction score
Hi Guys :yes:

Can anyone advise me on what are the best tyres for the RS4 B7. I'm starting to get a little low on tread. I'm looking at the Michelin's Pilliots 2, Conti Sport Contact 3 or the Pirelli P-Zero Rosso.
I've searched the net and found real mixed reviews about all the tyres. Grip is good on all the makes, but I want some rubber that is going to last... Any suggestions...

I've just changed mine (18000 from the fronts and 22000 rears). I don’t drive too hard these days; points tally nearing the 'catch the bus' total!!

I had and refitted Michelin Pilots and must say that the grip is very good although they do tend to be a noisy. Don't forget you need the 'extra load' version of the 255/35/19’s that as you probably guess is the most expensive. The tyre man near me did my fronts for £452 the pair fitted and the rears £376 (he left his side-kick in charge and I don’t think he charged me for the extra load version) if that’s any good to you I can let you have his details, he's in Woking

I've had PZero Rossos (OE fit) that only lasted 9k miles, then Michelin PS2s (which cost a small fortune) that lasted 13k miles, now I'm on Goodyear F1 Asymmetrics as 275/30 19s which after 7k miles are still looking good.

B7 RS4 owners over on rs246.com are talking about Vredestein as well.

I have Vredesteins on mine and they are an awesome tyre, in the wet and dry,and this is coming form someone who had F1 on my 8p S3, and I didn't think tyres could get any better. Very, very good value as well

So many different tires for different style of driving. If you are a daily driver like me I would suggest going Goodyear F1s or Michelin's.

Just fitted the new Toyo T1 Sport.....

I am impressed

looks rather like a Conti Sport 3

MUCH less expensive

I've had my last 2 sets of tyres being the Goodyear F1 Asymmetrics and they are brilliant, especially with my last two cars being overpowered RWD.

I hear that Goodyear have now realeased Asymmetric 2, but havent seen too much info on them

how do tyres prices in the UK compare with getting them delivered ex US, at say www.tirerack.com ?