1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice
  1. CB98

CB98 New Member

Sorry if this has been asked before but my front tyres are needing replaced and I've been looking at Michelin cross climates as they seem to get a good write up. However, my back tyres are just general summer tyres with 6mm of tread still on them.

Would I be safe to put x-climate on the front and keep the summer ones on the back since they are still a decent condition?

thanks

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Matt Titanium

Matt Titanium Well-Known Member Team Navarra Audi S3 Manual

Yes.
    Unless you like chucking it into corners to explore the car's limits you won't notice the difference.

4. AlS3BE

AlS3BE Well-Known Member

I would be tempted to put the summers on the front and wear them down with the cross climates in the rear then get a matching set up front.
    It’s much easier to control understeer than over steer.
    When you have grippier tyre up front there will be a tendency to trust the grip till you turn and the back swings out cause there’s less grip behind. More so a problem in the winter colder months than in the warmer months.

5. S32B

S32B Well-Known Member Audi A5 S tronic Coupe

Check out 'Bridgestone weather control A005' all season tyres, they get good reviews as well.

As for mixing!!! Do a few Google and YouTube searches on the subject. Personally I'd keep all 4 the same and sell the 6mm rears as part worns.

6. A1DEYB

A1DEYB Well-Known Member

That’s in interesting alternative way to describe driving like a d1ckhead..

Very PC haha :wink: