Tyres

Wesley82

Reaction score
What’s everyone’s preferred tyres? I’ve just picked up my s3 8p and the 2 fronts are close to needing fresh rubber

What’s everyone’s preferred tyres? I’ve just picked up my s3 8p and the 2 fronts are close to needing fresh rubber

8p or 8v, I ask as you might have posted in the wrong forum.

Generally, my favourites are usually Michelin PS's but my current car came with Pirelli P Zero and I just replaced them for the same at 26 / 27k miles.
Great rim protection too.

Reactions: Lehn
My bad! 8v sorry! It’s got Pirelli P Zeros on all around now. If I’m just changing the fronts, Would it be better off sticking to them and keeping all 4 the same?

My personal preference with quattro is to keep all 4 the same brand
When I changed on the S5 previously I changed all 4 at once giving me the freedom to choose.
But as I liked the P Zero and rim protection I stuck wit them. Changed 2 at 26k and the other 2 1k later (to get my monies worth out of them)

I think I’ll stick with them for the time being and then next time around the rears will probably be due to be changed and then I’ll do all 4 at once so I have the freedom of choice like you say.

Reactions: Lehn
I have Pirelli PZeros with the new compound to be honest they are not the best in the wet in comparison to the Cintrino Blue eco tyres it had before .... They find it hard to deal with the torque from the electric motor ....

In the past I have had continental Sport Contact which stuck like glue but barley lasted 10k in a high torque car

0416ADAC ECC6 4D3A B35B DCACECEB329B
DCB0B210 031B 41A3 948E DA4046162E1C
91B02EBC E40C 446F B730 E49984F9D7E3

Currently running Falken Azenis FK510. Very with those. Quiet and good in wet conditions.
And best of all reasonably priced.
Used to have a set of Gislaved UltraSpeeds. Even though owned by Continental and not even very cheap, those were not good tires. Noisy, and slippery in wet conditions.

Last edited:
People probably won't want to hear this but I've just put Chinese Autogreen front tyres from National on my A3 Sportback. These are highly rated in reviews and rated better than some mainstream tyres. So far really impressed, quieter than my previous Continentals and seem to have great traction. Mind, I'm no boy racer. £48 each !!