Tyres

rallymangtb

Reaction score
What tyres are everyone using on there Quattro black editions as I'm needing some new boots for mine and can' push the budget to 4 new Pirelli....

I’ve run in 255/40/19 size
UniRoyal Rainsports
Michelin PS3’s
Currently running Goodyear Assy 3’s

UniRoyals lasted 13000
Michelins barely lasted 12,000
Goodyears have been on for about 3000 miles and seem to be wearing well

The UniRoyals were almost half the price of the Michelins and outperformed them in every condition

I got a good deal on the Goodyears through Costco but time will tell if they last as long. Performance wise they are on a better than the UniRoyals and Michelins whilst maintaining roughly the same MPG. They are quieter than both sets

Cant strech the budget to pirellis im thinking nankans had them on my old a6 and they were a good all rounder

Running Falken Azenis FK435 on 20" for the last 10k miles and there is 4mm to the wear indicator. Good in all weather conditions, driven several times to the Pyrenees without any drama. Although, there is a lot of tyre roar

Running Pirelli P Zeros since new. Current mileage: 19,500. Recent service 29th December was advised that front tyres on 4mm and rear on 5/6 mm. Really pleased with the mileage I'm getting out of them especially as car is a Quattro. Best price I've found for replacement Pirelli tyres is through Asda Tyres (works along same lines as Black Circles) @ £163.50 per tyre fitted.

On my Audi quattro's: I've always run the P Zero's for summer and Dunlop Winter Sport or Vredestein Wintrac for winter.

"Why is he posting?" I hear you ask, but depending where you are (how far into the year you can keep on winter tyres), but if you do much winter mileage, then maybe just get a set of 17"/18" wheels with cheap winter tyres for now and start saving for the Pirelli's for summer? The tyre-wear on winter tyres is a a LOT lower than summer tyres when the weather is a little colder: summer tyres like P Zero's get brittle below about 10C and will wear up to 40% faster!

One other option: on sports cars, I'm currently running Yokohama "Advan Neova AD08R", but they're more summer + track-focussed, not that much cheaper than P Zero's (IF you can find them in A6 sizes). They're absolutely brilliant tyres, but I'm not sure how my mid-engined go-kart experience translates onto an A6 quattro :)

Go get some cheap winter wheels + winter tyres ;)