1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. superplumb

superplumb Member

Soon be time for a set what are your preferences, only really need fronts will it matter if different manufacturer.thanks

2. Ian Whiffen

Ian Whiffen Well-Known Member

I'm on the Michelin Pilot Supersports. Really pleased with them. A lot less road noise compared with Continental conti's

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

N@deeem likes this.
  3. superplumb

superplumb Member

Good to know there's less road noise ,is your clutch any easier/less stiff after a few miles

4. Ian Whiffen

It's slightly better. I think I have just got used to it tho. Car does seem more lively now lol.

5. 203132

203132 Member

Factory ContiPremium Contact 2 swapped to Bridgestone S001's.

Road noise noticeably louder. Performance destroys the Conti (obviously, not a sports tyre, don't even know why it came with those tyres).

Can't get any Michellin tyres, they don't stock S1 wheel sizes according to website. I would go Michellin if I could...

Not sure, arguably on your next wheel rotation it would suck to have less grippier tyres in the front than the back. Depends on what kind of driving you do? (Straights /street or curves)

6. Ian Whiffen

Are you on 17" rims? I got Michelin Pilot Supersports in 18" for mine on Black Circles

7. 203132

203132 Member

Yeah I'm on the 17's.

They don't make 225/35/18s for Sydney. They make 40's though...

8. AudiB7Jay

AudiB7Jay Active Member Team Aruba Blue TFSI Owners Group Team Sepang Audi S1 saloon Audi A4 TDi S-line owners group Manual

Goodyear Eagle F1 Asy 2 or 3's Best all year round tyre ive ever used... even in the snow they are brilliant

9. SPIKE_S1

SPIKE_S1 Well-Known Member Regional Rep TeamMisano Team Daytona Gold Supporter

Definitely going for these next.....should be miles better than the OEM Bridgestones.

10. lfcrule1972

lfcrule1972 Winter is coming... Team Mythos TFSI Owners Group Audi S1 quattro

I fitted Michelin Pilot Super Sports on the 18 inch wheels a week ago - so much happier on these than the Bridgstones it came with. I hadn't realised the difference on the S1 until I did. Not cheap (paid £294 for two all bits and bobs included) but I don't mind paying extra to keep me and the family as safe as possible....

SPIKE_S1 likes this.
  11. AudiB7Jay

AudiB7Jay Active Member Team Aruba Blue TFSI Owners Group Team Sepang Audi S1 saloon Audi A4 TDi S-line owners group Manual

What size wheel and tyres do you have?

12. lfcrule1972

225/35/r18 mate - the Quattro exterior pack wheels

13. AudiB7Jay

Any idea what offset n width the rims are?

14. SPIKE_S1

I’m sure the performance out of the trees is much better, but what is the ride quality like? Are they quieter?

Any chance of posting up a picture, as I would like to see the design of the tyre against the wheel. Thanks

15. lfcrule1972

Ha looked a proper loon in the car park taking pics of my wheels/tyres! (see attached) Michelin 1.jpg

Michelin 2.jpg

Sorry I don't mate, I've never had to check for any reason.... Does this info help - https://www.wheel-size.com/size/audi/s1/2015/

SPIKE_S1 likes this.
  16. SPIKE_S1

Lol.....the things you got to do! Thanks

17. lfcrule1972

I forgot to say the Michelin's are quieter than the Bridgstones that the car came with, ride (comfort terms) appears to be the same as I only drive in Dynamic..... The grip in the wet last weekend was improved and I felt more confident keeping the throttle on through the corners with these on.

18. GeeOh

GeeOh New Member Team Vegas Yellow Audi S1

Mine came with Continentals from the factory... do they mix tyres, or did you buy a used car?

19. SPIKE_S1

Bridgestones are also on mine from the factory, and I think this would be mostly the tyre used by Audi for this size. It could be a recent change in tyre supplier, hence your Continental’s.

20. maccduff

maccduff Member

21. lfcrule1972

Bridgestones were fitted from new, as above, maybe Audi had a new preferred supplier after May 2015?

Could be, I googled for the information as I don't know it to post up :)

22. SPIKE_S1

Ordered some Michelin PSS from Camskill, so looking forward to getting them fitted soon. Seriously hoping for big improvements over the OEM Bridgestones.

ACWKGYTO likes this.
  23. archemist

archemist Active Member Team Vegas Yellow VCDS Map User Audi S1

had 4 x 235 35 18 uniroyal rainsport 3's fitted today.

only done 200 miles but i think they're superb, it rides better on these than the conti's in 17" fitted before!

and feel very tight and controlled on turn in,. Obviously not given them any beans yet.

Have used them on A4 quattor avant before and they were great on that too.

24. SPIKE_S1

Michelin PSS fitted a few weeks back and the ride comfort is so much better! Happy days!

Still to really gauge the performance levels of the tyre, but so far so good.