Tyres

I need two new 19" tyres. I'm debating whether to get the same Hankook Ventus S1 EVO2 tyres in R01 fitment that I currently have, or going with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S in non-Audi fitment.

I'm replacing the tyres because the wheels are bent and have caused premature wear on the shoulders, but they still have ~3.8mm on them after 20000 miles so I can't complain about their longevity.

Has anyone fitted the Michelin PS4S tyres yet? I'm nervous that fitting generic tyres may cause warranty claim disputes down the road.

Well I took the plunge and fitted 2 x Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tyres yesterday at Costco. Really looking forward to the day when I can fit them to the front axle too, and see how they perform and wear.

I need two new 19" tyres. I'm debating whether to get the same Hankook Ventus S1 EVO2 tyres in R01 fitment that I currently have, or going with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S in non-Audi fitment.

I'm replacing the tyres because the wheels are bent and have caused premature wear on the shoulders, but they still have ~3.8mm on them after 20000 miles so I can't complain about their longevity.

Has anyone fitted the Michelin PS4S tyres yet? I'm nervous that fitting generic tyres may cause warranty claim disputes down the road.

I wouldn’t worry a bit about the RO1. I’ve seen the Euro ratings slightly different for fuel economy etc on the base (same tyre brand and model) tyres which are slightly different to the RO1 specific. Audi can’t refuse warranty on that basis. As long as it’s the correct size, speed and load rating (or above).

I wouldn’t worry a bit about the RO1. I’ve seen the Euro ratings slightly different for fuel economy etc on the base (same tyre brand and model) tyres which are slightly different to the RO1 specific. Audi can’t refuse warranty on that basis. As long as it’s the correct size, speed and load rating (or above).

Cheers, that's what I figured :)