Tyres Pressure Confused!

IOANNIS CHALKIOTIS

always calm.... for no reason
Reaction score
hi ... i have the A3 8v FL Sportback 1.5 dsg S-Line with the S-Sportspacket
i am confused about the pressure of my 18r 5 twin spoke wheels!
heres the pic from the label
i used the 35front 32back
from Audi service they said 30f 28b and i found the car was .... too soft and the tyres too low
what is the i mark with the service manual
and third , im making a trip with 4 persons and our little bags shoul i use the 35 38 mark??
thanks and sorry if its answered again in other post
ps... for the service in Greece and the no knowledge about MMI Plus updates ill speak another day,,,,
IMG 1316

If I remember right the 30/28 is the comfort setting and the 35/32 is the normal setting. it’s in the manual somewhere.

Reactions: S32B
If I remember right the 30/28 is the comfort setting and the 35/32 is the normal setting. it’s in the manual somewhere.
Yep the I mark with the service manual means if you have comfort setting on your car you can use that with the tyres set at the I setting :)

I know because it's in the book, I looked the other week when I noticed the centre tread of my tyres were wearing more than the outer tread (even though they were set to what was on the door!), so I took the pressure down to the I setting to use more of the outside tread ;)

As for the 4 people trip, I'd go 35-35 psi, as it's in the middle of the 3 and 5 people settings.

You definitely don’t have the 92V?

My A3 S Line SB had the 18 inch 10 spoke and I always used the 39/36 option.

Can confirm as others have said the I is for a more comfortable ride.