Tyre wear

Tomo01

Reaction score
Hi folks this will be my first Quattro when it turns up,just wandering what sort of mileage to expect from a set of tyres,and do they normally wear out roughly all at the same time

Welcome Tom, I've found fronts wear first so prefer to swap axles then replace a set of four at a time.

Reactions: Flying Scotsman and Tomo01
Welcome Tom, I've found fronts wear first so prefer to swap axles then replace a set of four at a time.
Thanks most probably do that I'd prefer changing all four at once

Reactions: Rob2k68

I'm just about to turn over 5000 miles, I haven't gotten around to depth checking mine yet but the Conti's do look slightly worn on the front.

What mileage do you change yours over at? I've seen some people say you can get anything from 10k to 16k out of a set. It seems a little soon to be worrying about tyre wear with less than 5000 miles on, but that's a performance car for me I guess.

Reactions: Rob2k68
I'm just about to turn over 5000 miles, I haven't gotten around to depth checking mine yet but the Conti's do look slightly worn on the front.

What mileage do you change yours over at? I've seen some people say you can get anything from 10k to 16k out of a set. It seems a little soon to be worrying about tyre wear with less than 5000 miles on, but that's a performance car for me I guess.

Different brands will wear differently so I tend to change them when the tread depth difference is about 2-3mm I find that works pretty well assuming 7-8mm on a new tyre.

Reactions: AudiNutta
I got 32,000 miles off my S3's original Continentals, and they were worn very evenly front to rear. There were a lot of motorway miles in there so that may explain it.

Reactions: Scottyg
Last depth check was when I was on 7381 miles;

NSF 6/5/5 mm OSF 6/5/5 mm

NSR 6/5/6 mm OSR 6/5/6 mm

Not sure what they start out on new!!!???!!!