1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Q5 Tyre Wear off one one side of car

newbieboyy Mar 2, 2020

1. newbieboyy

newbieboyy Registered User

My car recently went in for its first servicce after one year (19k) and the garage picked up on the tyre wear.

In short, the tyres on the passenger side (left) were worn more than then tyres on the right, this seemed odd to me that it wasn't on the axle but on the side?

When i queried this i was told it was nothing to worry about but I haven't heard/seen this before and i was wondering if there is anything i should look out?!

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Pinky1959

Pinky1959 Registered User

If they are not to bad I would get them checked and tracked and balanced at a reputable garage .
    If still under warranty I would be getting the garage to check it and the suspension components springs etc etc to find out why this is happening .
    Sounds like the garage don't care about the wear as it would be cost to you to replace the tyres if they wear more .
    What make of tyres are on the car ?

4. newbieboyy

newbieboyy Registered User

So the car has Michelin Latitude Sport 3’s all around, I did raise it with the garage (Audi) as it is only a year old and I was surprised by the wear on the tyres. They just said it was normal and probably potholes...

weird as it would be warranty work they would get paid for..

5. Pinky1959

Pinky1959 Registered User

I would contact Audi direct and see if there has been a recall for this .and see if they will authorise the garage to look at it for a fault.

6. cosmicblue

cosmicblue Registered User

You need a 4 wheel alignment check - it seems probable that your Q5 is 'crabbing', getting it done will transform the handling - amazing when all the wheels are pointed in the same direction!

Dan_G likes this.
  7. Dan_G

Dan_G Registered User

How fast do you take roundabouts...? :smiley:

8. Peter123

Peter123 Registered User

Have you been driving it like you stole it?