Tyre Recommendation

alinghi9

Reaction score
hi

at the moment i have some pirelli p-zero russo tyres and its coming to that time to replace them. does anyone have any recommendations as to what tyres i should go for or if i should stay with the same ones?

thanks

The Rossos are pants I replaced mine at 4k miles they were that bad. Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetrics seem to be top dog at the moment in alot of the tyre tests and arent expensive. PS2 are also very good but pricey and Continental sportcontact 3s are also well rated. Personally I would go with the Assymetrics as I was really happy with the older F1s before(they had more grip in the wet than the rossos did in the dry) and these have improved on them.

hi

at the moment i have some pirelli p-zero russo tyres and its coming to that time to replace them. does anyone have any recommendations as to what tyres i should go for or if i should stay with the same ones?

thanks

You happy with the Pirellis? I thought their life was excellent but I never liked them in the wet so changed for Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetrics. Difference in wet is amazing. They're no better, but no worst, than the Pirellis in the dry. Too early to say how long they'll last, but they don't appear to be wearing any faster after 10,000 miles. I'll second (or third) their recommendation.

Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta are good. Improved grip and control, ride seems to be stiffer as well compared to Michelin Pilot Sport I had before.

Conti's or good year sports is are my recommendations but everyone has there own choices,i dont agree with some above and there probably same with mine

I am putting on 235/35/19 Yokohama S Drive to morro i have read alot of good things aboute them...

Been covered loads recently

Goodyear Eagle F1
Bridgestone Potenza RE050

Would be my recommendations

Got the Bridgestones on mine....I certainly wouldn't recommend them.

Poor overall grip,and no progression at all in the wet.....they either grip a bit or suddenly let go.

Only good thing(not if you want to get rid of them!)is they are pretty hard wearing.

To stiff for daily driving thay say... Grate on track days...

Had GY F1 Assymetrics fitted on the back today. Paid £121 each.
Been happy with the front ones since they were fitted in December.

According to the pressure guide on the petrol flap sticker, its 38PSI at the front and 30PSi at the rear, (based on 3 occupants)

Is this correct?

30PSI seems very low.:think:

Cheers

Paul

Before:
Golf MK5 GTi 20TFSI - REVO Stage1, Red.
Golf MK5 GTi 20TFSI - Std, Shadow Blue
Civic Type `R`
Golf MK4 GTi 18T - 200bhp, MTM ECU, Forge DV
Golf MK3 VR6 - Cat Back
Corrado VR6 - JAMEX
Corrado G60 - JAMEX, BRM Charger rebuild
etc....:blahblah1:

And you still dont know the right tyre pressure.... :superman:

Before:
Golf MK5 GTi 20TFSI - REVO Stage1, Red.
Golf MK5 GTi 20TFSI - Std, Shadow Blue
Civic Type `R`
Golf MK4 GTi 18T - 200bhp, MTM ECU, Forge DV
Golf MK3 VR6 - Cat Back
Corrado VR6 - JAMEX
Corrado G60 - JAMEX, BRM Charger rebuild
etc....:blahblah1:

And you still dont know the right tyre pressure.... :superman:

Well, I thought I did, but had been running higher pressures based on advice I picked up here.
But the tyre fitters were adamant the pressure stated on the petrol flap should be adhered to.

Hence the post, seeds of doubt and all that.....:beee:

Cheers
Paul

Okay i think somthing around 36-40psi is good on 19"...
I am runnig F42 R40...

Bridgestone RE-11 is a new extreme performance tyre.

Any ideas for UK stockists?

News from a few other forums suggests these aren't being sold outside of Japan.

Fleagle - i guess i am indifferent at the moment really about the pirellis, just really wanted to get some opinions and maybe try out some other tyres if they were any better.

I had the goodyear eagle f1's on my fabia vrs and couldn't fault them, lasted well too!