Tyre Question

Felon

Slightly odd.
Reaction score
My S3 has Kumho ECSTA KH11 225/45R17s on all 4 corners. No, I haven't come across them before either, but to be fair, they've been fine... They were new on the car when I bought it but now I think it's about time I looked at alternatives - they're wearing fine and the ride they give is ok but i'm wondering if I'm missing something by not having better tyres. What do most people here recommend?

I like avon z3`s , others are toyo proxies and the good ald gooyear F1`s.

There are loads of posts with everyone having their own ideas.

I had goodyears but now have yokohama paradas spec 2's which are very good in the dry but when wet its a bit hairy now and again
but like FM said each person has their own idea

might be mitchelin.....seem to remember that but could be wrong....... Im running some brand ive never heard of, although they are yet to do me an injustice.... they were virtually brand new on the car when i bought it, so not economical to change if they haven't caused any grief

Kuhmo are more of a budget brand but they make ok tyres.

I have Bridgestone's on mine, they are pretty good and have done me well.

might be mitchelin.....seem to remember that but could be wrong....... Im running some brand ive never heard of, although they are yet to do me an injustice.... they were virtually brand new on the car when i bought it, so not economical to change if they haven't caused any grief

They are called 'Remoulds' Tim

I have F1's, cant fault them at all, look good to in my eyes..... but I had to change to winter efforts because I am out in the Czech republic, nearly had a real bad accident with them on - Not even ABS was helping :faint:

So switched to some winter ones - Michelin Pilot Alpin PA3's and they have been solid performers for the weather. Now need to switch back to the F1's as the weather is getting good again. Maybe something to bare in mind if you plan to travel to cold cold places next winter.

I personally run Yokohame Parada's and am very happy with them.

I wouldnt rule Kuhmo's out as purely a budget tyre as they actually made some decent tyres. They often come out well in tyre tests too. Kumho is a large tyre company based in Korea iirc, they actually make alot of tyres for motosport, they are official supplier for most the F3 series outside of the UK. They also make tyres for teams in the ALMS and Le Mans and many smaller series around the world.

Are the Vredestein ones any good??

I believe its the Michelin Primacy sports that Audi recommend.

Just taken the Eagle F1's of mine for a set of Toyo T1R's. Got them for £370 from camskill as they have them on offer, bargin for 4 tyres!!!