Tyre pressure monitoring

Davetez

Reaction score
noticed while familiarising myself with the cars systems that the tpms hadnt had user confirmation that the pressures were set correctly. For peace of mind I checked them & confirmed with the system that they were at correct pressure.
Am wondering whether this has been missed at pdi & how many others now driving round thinking their tpms is working when it isnt. The manual does however state "it is the drivers responsibility to ensure that the tyre pressures are correct"
I reckon it is the dealers responsibility to check that safety systems are functioning & set up correctly?
May be worth checking yours!

Just remember it's only to warn you of a large sudden loss of tyre pressure, it doesn't warn you when they go down by a few psi over a few weeks.

Reactions: veeeight
Don't rely on it. The BMW system I had on my previous car was terrible.. Just rely on old fashioned rule of checking the pressure and condition of the tyres like our dads did...

Im used to seeing real time actual pressure readings on my motorbike, which has internal rim mounted sensors, think the Audi system relies on rolling diameter differences detected by the abs sensors

Im used to seeing real time actual pressure readings on my motorbike, which has internal rim mounted sensors, think the Audi system relies on rolling diameter differences detected by the abs sensors
You are correct however what some owners don't appreciate is that fitting a mix of new and old tyres makes the system read inaccurate

Just remember it's only to warn you of a large sudden loss of tyre pressure, it doesn't warn you when they go down by a few psi over a few weeks.
Not sure this is true. Hadn't checked mine for a while and got the warning. Checked and they were all equally 3psi down. Blew them up and reset and all good again.