TYRE DRESS THAT WORKS ,,,,,,,,

jay z B

Reaction score
i have tried autoglym, chemical guys and meguires new improved and all come off and don't last, dry day the Meguires works but 1 day of rain and back to dull look - can anyone suggest stuff that stay and does not spray off. :blackrs4:

think your puting it on wrong i use megs and it stays on for a week easy maybe more

i used turtle wax nano tech tyre dressing, lasts easy a week in wet weather upto 2-2 1/2 weeks in dry condition really good stuff and smells of apple :)

think your puting it on wrong i use megs and it stays on for a week easy maybe more

i am with you on this one endurance ? what are you using to put on i am using the megs tyre app thing

i used turtle wax nano tech tyre dressing, lasts easy a week in wet weather upto 2-2 1/2 weeks in dry condition really good stuff and smells of apple :)
yep thats what i use too! very good results and lasts for ages even after a wash!

Reactions: nally
plus 1 for megs endurance, been using it for years

Reactions: nally
If not already the key is having clean tyres so makIng sure they're scrubb we clean prior to applying gel and allowing to settle before driving. Personally I use blackfire tyre gel. Lasts quite a while and looks great. Hth.

I post to find out what other 4 ring owners get up to - yet feed back is that its addressed to a no nothing person that has no idea of cleaning a car -- i use an applicator as have for years - DE cleanse the tires with C Guys - i too have used M endurance for years but the new improved stuff is not the same but thats my opinion.

As above most rave about megs endurance, although personally I use valet pro Dionysus trim glitz - lasts ages and restores trims really well

Just watched the video and that stuff does look awesome! What do you use to apply to the tyres with?

As S3 Rav said,
The tryes have to be cleaned throughly before applying any tyre gel. I think the Megs is the best ive used with out breaking the bank !

Good Tip; Keep an old Nail Scrubber ( one for your hands) in your wash bucket, while your giving your tyres a clean give the tyres a spray with some APC (all porpous cleaner) give your tyres a squirt and a good scrub with the nail brush and rinse.

Apply with an applicator and tyre gel should bed in nicely to the tyre after about 20 min.

dont forget to give them a wipe of a cloth if you over applied !!

Surely your tyres are cleaned though while your doing your pre wash and wash/rinse? I never find a need generally for them to be scrubbed unless they are really dirty

you have a fantastic web site, the level of reflection on the blue Astra is amazing, i am thinking now to get some foam and have some fun, as for products i cannot fault and i use for your interest and views - when i clean the B7

1. Rinse Down 2. C Guys wheel wash (diablo) 3. C Guys D Cleanse 4. C Guys Citrus Wash 5. C Guys 2-1 polish(not all the time) 6. C Guys Butter Wax - have treated to Collinate wax also recently - shine is unreal on a silver car which i think can be hard. 7. Wheel wax - interior and glass is all C Guys

You based in C Durham - was looking for a good detailer for some marks i just can't remove without a buffing - i am in Lincolnshire

Yea Jen. I mostly have about an inch of muck to blow off the rubber every week. The girlfriends driveway is a stone/muck one, so as you can imagine, i "love" driving to her house after giving the car a good Detail !!!!

I just found that even after a pre/wash and wash an rinse there still is some residue of the old tyre gel in the ridges of the tyre wall, and the new gel dosent seem to adhere as well as it dose without a through clean.

Personal opinion i suppose :p

Autosmart highstyle, I use a sponge to put it on, dont seem to get any fling then.

Always make sure tyres are clean first, nice strong APC on them to dwell and then aggitate with a brush works for me.

Chemical guys new look trim gel works well. Also as a top up turtle wax tyre foam is good, instead of spraying directly onto the tyre and making a mess everywhere, spray it on a sponge or a foam applicator and spread it around the tyre evenly.

steve

you have a fantastic web site, the level of reflection on the blue Astra is amazing, i am thinking now to get some foam and have some fun, as for products i cannot fault and i use for your interest and views - when i clean the B7

1. Rinse Down 2. C Guys wheel wash (diablo) 3. C Guys D Cleanse 4. C Guys Citrus Wash 5. C Guys 2-1 polish(not all the time) 6. C Guys Butter Wax - have treated to Collinate wax also recently - shine is unreal on a silver car which i think can be hard. 7. Wheel wax - interior and glass is all C Guys

You based in C Durham - was looking for a good detailer for some marks i just can't remove without a buffing - i am in Lincolnshire

Sounds like a good routine you've got there....try Chemical Guys Pete's 53 in the summer months as this will make it look even better ;)
Yes we are based just outside Stanley about 10 minutes from Newcastle

Yea Jen. I mostly have about an inch of muck to blow off the rubber every week. The girlfriends driveway is a stone/muck one, so as you can imagine, i "love" driving to her house after giving the car a good Detail !!!!

I just found that even after a pre/wash and wash an rinse there still is some residue of the old tyre gel in the ridges of the tyre wall, and the new gel dosent seem to adhere as well as it dose without a through clean.

Personal opinion i suppose :p

Sounds like the drive to do to school and back in the Navara....but then the truck has to look dirty lol

Reactions: FlawlessA4
As above most rave about megs endurance, although personally I use valet pro Dionysus trim glitz - lasts ages and restores trims really well

On your recommendation I've just placed an order for some now!! And a bundle of other stuff (Karcher lance / sealant / detail spray ......)!

Just ordered some Gtechniq T1 to test out if its anything like its other products it should be fairly decent... I have been using for some time now black fire long lasting tyre gel, with a good scrub of the tyre with APC then application lasts a few weeks but i do a lot of milage.

Check out Tuf Shine. A bit of prep is needed but it lasts months.

a good scrub with nail brush removes not only dirt but old tyre shine once this has been done use a tyre applicator or a small sponge.

the sprays i found not to work well try the megs gel this seems to last weeks i normally put 2 coats on one quick one let this dry off then another coat to keep the shine.

Had gtechniq T1 on for nearly two weeks holding up well so far...