Tyre choices

Jamie1087

Reaction score
Hi all, just looking for some advice on tyres, what would you recommend for a 235/40/18 on the avant?? I'm not on a strict budget but can't afford silly money either

Ive had kumo which wete good in all weather price point it good road noise is a little more than id thought ive just got all 4 on unirain sport as got them cheap £70 corner fitted so far so good with all the rain we have.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

I have Michelin Pilot Sport 4's... not really a budget tyre though, if I was going for something cheaper and reasonable I'd go for the cheapest well known brand from Kwik Fit, looks like P Zero's are going for only £105.99 at the minute, then you've got Sport Maxx's and all sorts at a few quid more: https://www.kwik-fit.com/tyres/search/results/235/40/18 just make sure you don't turn up expecting to pay the same price as they sell tyres much cheaper if you book online.

Im running hankook ventus v12's,
Can be had for around £100 on mytyres/tyreleader.
Excellent in the wet, and good in the dry, for the price I cant fault them.

But then your looking at around £10 a wheel to be fitted unless you expect us to fit tyres ourselves.

If thats aimed at me jake, then it still works out cheaper to buy online and pay £10 per wheel to get them fitted then most tyre places can supply and fit them for!

I have done most tyres to be fair

Best Michelin Pilot 4 then 3
2nd best and better priced Goodyear ASY3 (fitted 2 both my cars) good wear rate and decent price
3rd Continetal, love them but 4K less for same money as Goodyear. (Great in wet and Dry)
3 best tyres in my opinion, I do 50K a year

goodyear eagles are good, I have 19" ones on my old bus and find them much better overall than the previous Dunlop sport max items.

Im running hankook ventus v12's,
Can be had for around £100 on mytyres/tyreleader.
Excellent in the wet, and good in the dry, for the price I cant fault them.
To be honest I didn't even notice yours didn't include fitting but either way I've always found it cheapest to get tyres from a place that also fits them, paid £50+ to have 4 wheels swapped before and never again!

Have had a few on the quattro. Uniroyal somethings - not a bad tyre but i didn't like them. Came on the car when I got it, did about 15k
Dunlop Sportmaxx rt - good but found them noisey 22k.
Conti sport contacts 5p - great tyre in all conditions, two sets of these both 24k, my favourite for the a4.
Just put Pirelli p zeros on not as much road feel but seem to grip very well and quiet only done 2k so far.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk