Tyre choices - Michelin or Conti?

Which do you prefer

• Total voters

Aden

Reaction score
Needing a set of new tyres for my 2008 S5, 255 35 R19. After much deliberation I have narrowed it down to two options which I can get for around the £130 mark per corner - Michelin Pilot Sport 4 or Continental SportContact 6. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with them. All online reviews basically have them neck and neck - given me plenty of food for thought!
Thanks in advance!

I'm a fan of the Michelin too (but I have never had Contis so I can't compare). Yokos are good too but they tend to wear out quicker.

Which website did you get your figures from and how about Michelin pilot super sport?

Thanks for the pointers folks, the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S and Super Sports are all a bit above my budget, I'm afraid.

I've found The Contis on oponeo.co.uk for £136 a tyre and on tyreleader.co.uk for £132 a tyre and the Michelins on blackcircles.com for£136.70, all including delivery.

The Pilot Sport 4s came out top when I got 2 new tyres a few months ago. There was a road-test review comparing the 4s against the super sport (with a mention of some other michelin tyres I think) and the basic conclusion was that the 4s is better, but only marginally.

I have not complaints with the 4s's (I have them on the rear). In comparison I hated the P zeros I had before, felt really squirmy going round last corners.

Never had the Contis so can't offer a comparison I'm afraid.

Found a link to the video:

Reactions: Aden
I have a 480+hp tuned car with PS4S's on. I regularly abuse the tyres as much as you can on a public road. I've done 9k miles and have 5mm left on the front, 6mm left on the rear. I'll be spending the money on PS4S's next time I have to buy tyres.

That's the first time MPS4 has not won a tyre test .

2018 08 03 235554

I always run Michelin’s now , pilot super sport take some warming up to get the best out of them but when they are in the zone they are awesome , the PS4 and PS4S are better in every way though and what I run on my s15 which is going to be nigh on 700 hp very soon.
Had Contis before ( 5 not 6) didn’t rate them at all , maybe the 6 is better but the 5 felt more like a mid range tyre to me grip wise same with Pirelli’s ran some different versions of the p zero and wouldn’t buy them again

Sent from Big Bear Kustoms Ltd using tapatalk

Thanks for the advice guys, I've bitten the bullet and ordered the Michelins!

Reactions: peglio and RS5 JON