Tyre choice

remslie20

Reaction score
I have an A3 s/b 140 tdi s-line with standard 18" s-line alloys only hVe 2 mm tread left on fronts so just wandering what you guys recomend? Last tyre change I put some michelans ps2 tyres on, pricey but pretty good, should I just stick with the same and any good web sites worth looking at??

Good Year Eagle Assymetrics are superb, had them on my S3, fab in both wet and dry and lasted longer than the original conti's. Also cheaper than the Michilins I think.

Mark

Yeah I've had them on the rears for bout seven months and there's 5mm left. Got good deal from costo before so may just stick with them although I see you now get ps3's! Unless anyone else can think of better or similE for less??

i got ps3 from costo last month all for fitted for £430, they had a deal going, before them i had the Good Year Eagle Assymetrics they where great too had for the price i got the ps3 i would go with them,

i got ps3 from costo last month all for fitted for £430, they had a deal going, before them i had the Good Year Eagle Assymetrics they where great too had for the price i got the ps3 i would go with them,

was that for 225/40/18? my mum has a card i think :D

Vredestein Ultrac Sessantas are currently what mine car is wearing and am very pleased with them. Only done 1,000 miles so cannot comment on how well they're lasting

I got ps2's and love them...

I agree with him ^ ..if money is not a problem then I would go for michelins everytime..have tried alot of tires but I just find that the michelins have by far the most grip although they do generally wear faster. Like I said though..if money wasnt a problem. Try ps'3.

Running Cont 3 and I'm quite happy with them. If money is no object then PS3 would be my choice too.

Just got quote from costco for ps3's - £141 each, not bad! Never bought them tho as once i got there I asked him to do a depth check as they still looked fine to me on closer inspection and turns out ther was 3.5-4 mm tread left. Only yesterday I was told by Aberdeen Audi that they only had 2mm left after the car had been in for some warranty work......what they playing at?!!

Go to camskills.com to get the cheapest price about!

Go to camskills.com to get the cheapest price about!

they're not that cheap. their Cooper tyres are more expensive on there than i paid to get them, have them fitted and my wheels balanced