Tyre advise......

outsideline

Reaction score
Well got some new wheels coming for the s3 just in need of some tyre advise.

wheels are genuine 19" rotors
8.5j x 19 ET43.

cant decide whether to go with either 225x35x19 or 235x35x19
The cars running standard suspension but thinking i might drop it 20mm in yhe future.
Any thoughts. cheers

Personaly I'd go 225. I had 235 on my old s3 which was lowered on h&r springs and they caught at the back. As soon as I put 225's on it was fine

just dont want the stretched tyre look.
how low was yours with 235's on?? did it catch at standard height???

They don't look stretched at all. It caught on a very rare occasion at standard height if I went over a bad bump. When I lowered it on the h&rs, I think it was 25 front and 20 rear, it caught more. Even with the screw removed. I then put the 225's on and never had a problem. I'm not a fan of the stretched look either but mine certainly didn't look stretched. Just can't remember if they were 8j or 8.5j

I've put 225/40/18 on my Sline alloys, they are Hankook V12 EVO 2. I know it's a different size, but the reason I'm mentioning it is that they are narrow for their size, with small rim protections (which can often be the reason why tyres can catch due to additional sidwall rubber), so maybe a 235/35/19 in this tyre might not be as big as some other brands, but not quite as small as an average 225/35/19.