Tyre Advice for PFL A3 S-Line

Kuljit Singh

Reaction score
Hi guys, looking to buy first time some new front tyres for my 2015 1.4 Tfsi (150) A3 Manual Sportback.

Currently the car has Continental Sport Contact 5 (AO1)

My knowledge of tyres is very less. Can someone advice if its best option for this car? Should i stick with the same ones? Or are there any better options. I have a budget for £200 for both front tyres.

P.s. after checking online i have seen some Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5 ones going for £85 each on Blackcircles. Has anyone tried these? and are they any good?

If there are any other reccomendations. I would appreciate it. Thanks fellow users.

I have bought primacy 4 for my golf and my audi and damn they last ages and stop on a dime, and the best tyres I have had in the wet.
My partner just bought all 4 as well, and she loves them on her honda.

Reactions: Kuljit Singh
Hi guys, looking to buy first time some new front tyres for my 2015 1.4 Tfsi (150) A3 Manual Sportback.

My knowledge of tyres is very less. Can someone advice if its best option for this car? Should i stick with the same ones? Or are there any better options. I have a budget for £200 for both front tyres.

P.s. after checking online i have seen some Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5 ones going for £85 each on Blackcircles. Has anyone tried these? and are they any good?

If there are any other reccomendations. I would appreciate it. Thanks fellow users.
I did an all wheel change from the OEM Contis to Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5 last year and the reduction in road noise was huge! Definitely recommend.

You will get a different answer from everyone you speak to when it comes to tyres lol

If you can get am amazing deal on some good named tyres with a good Rep, then I would go for it.

I got my primacy 4's installed on all fours for £300.00 and I got a free large amazon echo thing which was £80.00 on its own

I liked the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5. I had them on my car in a size of 235/35/19 last summer. They are very good, perhaps the best ones I tried, except they are a bit noisy on rough tarmac. I don't think they are noisier than the Conti you have now. Actually I believe they are much better. Here they are on my car.

Black centre caps

Goodyears Eagle F1 assy 5’s are good but as above quite a noisy tyre

Thanks for the input guys. I am looking more towards comfort, less noise and better fuel economy. As well as longevity and good handling.

I am currently getting a BF deal on Michelin Primacy 4 x2 tyres for £180 from Blackcircles. Is that a good price?

Thanks

I paid 320 for 4 16's
If you are running 18's or larger then yes thats a good deal.
You will not find a tyre that lasts longer or handle and stop in the rain better, even Michelin have said this is the longest wearing, best stopping tyre they have ever created..
As far as noise, I usually am pumping hip hop or heavy metal so dont notice LOL but I cant tell a extra 1 or 2 db

Reactions: quattrorally and Kuljit Singh
Go Michelin. May be a little more expensive, but worth it in the long run.

Goodyear eagle asymmetric 5 was on sale on costco website i believe. Have a look there if you have membership to get it cheap.

Avon ZR7's. The assured choice for UK Roads. But if you can get Michelins at a BF deal price, I'd go for them, especially Pilot Sports.

I'm really surprised that people are commenting that the Goodyear Eagle Asymmetric 5s are a noisy tyre, as they are hugely quieter than the OEM Contis that came fitted from the factory in my experience. Maybe a consequence of moving from worn tyres to brand-new, but it made a hell of a positive difference to my drive when I swapped last year.

I'm really surprised that people are commenting that the Goodyear Eagle Asymmetric 5s are a noisy tyre, as they are hugely quieter than the OEM Contis that came fitted from the factory in my experience. Maybe a consequence of moving from worn tyres to brand-new, but it made a hell of a positive difference to my drive when I swapped last year.

i went from

225/40/18 bridgestone potenza to 225/40/18 eagle f1 assymetric 5’s

the goodyears were better in every single way except noise. Road noise was increased over the bridgestones but the positives far outweighed the negative IMO

Just picked up 4 brand new goodyear eagle f1 asy 5 from costco for £197.86 which includes free fitting for anytime i want, i already have a set of eagle f1 asy 5s on the now that ive had for over a year but the front pair are on there way out very soon, good tyre even though they are terrible in icey mornings but we mostly get rain here in scotland anyway