type r

honda ctr

Reaction score
New Honda Civic Type R 2015 #HondaRedline Trailer:

after watching this and reading some of the type r news today feal like canceling my s3 order. But no figures yet just top speed of 167mph and min 276bhp could be 300bhp.

Reactions: Rob2k68
Hi there, Great post, the new Civic Type R just what Honda need's, plus rentering the Formula one arena again, really happy its what they deserve British Assembled into the bargain,but's it got the new Focus RS 4wd to contend with now??? owned this car loved it tooooooooooooooo bits 7 years ago
Jassys honda
Jassys honda
Best alloys ever

Last edited:
All that through the front tyres, mmmm...

l think it's got a special front Differential just like the vxr gtc,Honda wont make the mistake that Ford done with MK3 ST...ie torque steer,although not as good as the Quattro system

Hi there, Great post, the new Civic Type R just what Honda need's, plus rentering the Formula one arena again, really happy its what they deserve British Assembled into the bargain,but's it got the new Focus RS 4wd to contend with now??? owned this car loved it tooooooooooooooo bits 7 years agoView attachment 50445 View attachment 50445 View attachment 50446

Nice type are mate I had same alloys but in black bronze I loved that car got a lot of attention interesting to see how it will compare with s3. Type r was a lot more handful compared to a s3 hence why I wrote mine off.

l think it's got a special front Differential just like the vxr gtc,Honda wont make the mistake that Ford done with MK3 ST...ie torque steer,although not as good as the Quattro system
all i care about is hope it's nowhere close to s3 0-60 but it might be faster on rolling start apparently will have 300lbs torque

Nice type are mate I had same alloys but in black bronze I loved that car got a lot of attention interesting to see how it will compare with s3. Type r was a lot more handful compared to a s3 hence why I wrote mine off.

The best thing about the FN2, was how fast it went through corners/bends it was if the car read your mind...awesome very,very fast,minus points where the lack of torque/straight line speed against the competition at the time MK2 ST,VXR Astra...As you know Honda came out with Championship White version in cream with a LSD/XENONS STANDARD...lol and then they Beat them all IN THE hot hatchbacks stakes with Mega Expensive £40k Mugen ctr

Really enjoyed my '09 plate Alabaster silver CTR, very well screwed together , nice and refined, comfy and a refreshingly different dash and facia design - VTEC was fun too !!

Must admit that I'm not bowled over by the new shape and from what I've seen so far of the new CTR is looks a bit too 'Max Power' for my liking. Performance stats look good but I assume that the reported top end of 167mph is exactly that and not electronically limited like the S3. Good to have another option though for those in the market for a perfomance family saloon and it may win me over when I see one in the flesh !

Loved my 56 plate Civic but the new shape is proper bobbins, which is why we didn't get another.

The new one does look the bees knees, if it gets released looking anything like this, it could well be my next car:

honda-summons-devilish-new-civic-type-r-for-the-road-track-live-photos_16.jpg

2015-Honda-Civic-Type-R-Review.jpg

02-honda-civic-type-r-concept-geneva-1.jpg

Reactions: voorhees
Saw my first one on the road today but just passing as we were heading in opposite directions.

It was in black and I have to admit that I liked it a lot more than I thought I would left me jaw dropped thinking wow !

Reactions: billyali86
They do look better in real life as opposed to photos, especially the one in that stunning blue.

Saw my first one on the road today but just passing as we were heading in opposite directions.

It was in black and I have to admit that I liked it a lot more than I thought I would left me jaw dropped thinking wow !
Yeah it's got a lot of road presence Rob l think the white and red press cars that we all saw in the media those colours didn't do it justice if only l where at least 10 years younger lol

but the inside .. just so :puke:

Had two Honda S2000's, a 2002 then a 2005. Beautiful motor. But this type r, dear oh dear.

Dropped the devil rear lights though which is a real shame. Isn't it a bit poverty Spec vs a S3 too?

TX.

It really did have epic road presence and a large dollop of attitude - as you say J 10 years younger and that would be my weapon of choice. Thought my '09 was right up there build quality wise very refined and not a squeak or rattle in sight. Also loved the cabin space and the seats made you feel properly plugged in.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Looks to me like they forgot to fit some stuff then had to tack it on later. Poorly made airfix kit and very unattractive and will probably attract the wrong kind of attention...

Love the blue! I think with a set of spacers on the rear wheels you are good to go! I had the FN2 also which I loved.

Alot of presence on the road but dare I say too much?

Had/ have a test drive lined up for one, was either last Sunday or this Sunday coming....can not remember now :D

And that damaged car has the worst paint l have come across dreadfully britle, thin and terrible looking when even that little bit dirty.put me off red car's for life never ever again lol