TYPE OF CAM FOLLOWER

K.A

Reaction score
HI GUYS

I want to help a friend of mines change his cam follower. We looked at the euro part website and car parts for less website for the parts. When he put his plate number in the cam was a hydraulic tappet not the flat tappet....was wondering if Audi manufactures have changed the style of the tappet on 09 plates. If anyone on the forum can help me understand I’d appreciate it. I was going to follow warrens3 guide in changing it. If anyone on the forum has an Audi s3 09 or above and has changed their cam follower, was the follower a flat tappet or a hydraulic one?

I’ve done few researches and read that cars above 58 plate/tfsi engines have changed the style of the tappet as the flats ones wear out in both vw and Audis.

THANKS

iTS AN 09 AUDI S3 BY THE WAY

Last edited:
just go to audo or tps
give them your reg and they will sell you what you need.

HI GUYS

I WANT TO HELP A FRIEND OF MINES CHANGE HIS CAM FOLLOWER. WE LOOKED AT THE EURO PART WEBSITE AND CAR PARTS FOR LESS WEBSITE FOR THE PARTS..WHEN HE PUT HIS PLATE NUMBER IN THE CAM WAS A HYDRAULIC TAPPET NOT THE FLAT TAPPET....WAS WONDERING IF AUDI MANUFACTURES HAVE CHANGED THE STYLE OF THE TAPPET ON 09 PLATES. IF ANYONE ON THE FORUM CAN HELP ME UNDERSTAND I'D APPRECIATE IT. I WAS GOING TO FOLLOW WARRENS3 GUIDE IN CHANGING IT. IF ANYONE ON THE FORUM HAS AN AUDI S3 09 OR ABOVE AND HAS CHANGED THEIR CAM FOLLOWER, WAS THE FOLLOWER A FLAT TAPPET OR A HYDRAULIC ONE?

IVE DONE FEW RESEARCHES AND READ THAT CARS ABOVE 58 PLATE/TFSI ENGINES HAVE CHANGED THE STYLE OF THE TAPPET AS THE FLATS ONES WEAR OUT IN BOTH VW AND AUDIS.

THANKS

iTS AN 09 AUDI S3 BY THE WAY

DO YOU MEAN THE HPFP FOLLOWER? IF SO THEN HERE...

AUDI A3 (8P1) 2.0 TFSI FEBI BILSTEIN Plunger, high pressure pump

Thanks Aidyy06...is this defo for the 09 plates?

i dont love caps there not COOL !!!!!

SHOUTING IS WHAT ALL THE COOL KIDS DO NOW ON FORUMS. IM SO SCARED OF NOT BEING COOL THAT ILL TAKE THE CHANCE AND CAPS IT LIKE A MOFO

4a2e8ee746a7f6f38f15c905343d268b_zpsf2365981.jpg