Tyers quick advice!

JD007F

Reaction score
Hi guys!

I know there are loads of threads but I need 4 Tyers ASAP really and was wondering what Tyers are best out there for money and wear?

Michelin Pilot Sport 3 PS3 - 225/40 R18 92W XL TL

Or

Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 - 225/40 R18 92Y XL FP TL

Cheers guys

Hi guys!

I know there are loads of threads but I need 4 Tyers ASAP really and was wondering what Tyers are best out there for money and wear?

Michelin Pilot Sport 3 PS3 - 225/40 R18 92W XL TL

Or

Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 - 225/40 R18 92Y XL FP TL

Cheers guys

In bold is the wrong speed rating. 92Y are the ones.

Cant comment on the goodyears although they get good reports but the PS3's have insane dry grip and very confidence inspiring wet grip and braking. I don't think you can go wrong with either so buy whichever suits your budget.

I've run both on mine.
Not a whole lot in it aside from the F1s wear a LOT quicker.

The dry grip is about the same and the PS3 s have better wet grip.

Agree that the Goodyears don't last as long. Go for the Michelin.
Why XL though ? Will just give a harsher ride imo.

Hi guys thanks for the replies that's awesome I'm keen for the ps3 as they last that little bit longer.

Neil sorry didn't realise I had out down the lx ones sorry I just want the normal ones! What's the diffeance anyways?

Cheers

From my understanding, the tyre walls are reinforced so you get less flex - hence harder ride.
Don't know if they are available in 225/40/18, but Michelin Primacy 3 are getting good reviews at the mo. Supposed to be good on fuel and quiet.

Ahhh I see that's cool might be worth having around here in cornwall with all theses country lanes and stones everywhere lol.

Okey dokey I'll give them a little check out in a bit cheers Neil for the help.

F1 assym 2 had them brand new on my last mapped 170 and my current 2.0T that is mapped and they put the power down so well and have insane grip and excellent wep grip, would never have any other tyre from now on

Reactions: JD007F
Had both, fantastic tyres I'd have to give the PS3 the edge even though I didn't find the F1's wore quickly compared to other tyres the PS3's defo lasted longer (longer than any tyre I've used) and they, in my opinion are both on par with wet and dry grip.

Try tyreleader for best prices on the michelins!

F1 assym 2 had them brand new on my last mapped 170 and my current 2.0T that is mapped and they put the power down so well and have insane grip and excellent wep grip, would never have any other tyre from now on

I'm loving the Goodyear Assym 2 on my TDI 170. Great in the wet and when you want some fun in the bends

I find the Conti sport contact 5's good on my S3 only £97 delivered too from tyre leader atm…