Twitchy Wipers

W

Wifeb4Life

So my cars running very sweet, so much so I have to go and find a niggle as my cars never run perfectly and I've managed to find one.

Does anyone else have the issue of twitchy wipers? randomly when they are not in use (only really notice it when I'm stopped at lights) my twitch up and down, my wife says she's noticed it when I'm driving too and I think it always does it when the car starts up after a stop/start.

Never seen this before on a car although it isn't a big issue.

I remember reading something ages ago that the wipers actually rest in a slightly different position everytime in order to stop them sticking / wearing?? :/

Mine does it but whether or not that's the actual reason I don't know!

Reactions: Wifeb4Life
Glad to know mine isn't the only one but it doesn't seem to be an issue so maybe that is a feature :D

The only issue I had with them was I stupidly caught the wiper stork when getting out of the car on a cold day and hadn't cleared the snow of the window it quickly compacted where the wipers should rest and they were resting too high even after I removed all the snow/compacted ice. and for the next few days. When the wipers were used the drivers side wiper would hit the seal trim of the front pillar making a small clatter noise audible in the car. Seemed to reset after a couple of days and has been fine since.

I remember reading something ages ago that the wipers actually rest in a slightly different position everytime in order to stop them sticking / wearing?? :/

Mine does it but whether or not that's the actual reason I don't know!

cant say mines have ever twitched.. i know in older cars it used to be a sign of the relays chattering then going.. nbot even sure if new cars hqve relays on wipers any more..