Twisted seatbelt

HertS3

Reaction score
Annoying thing, one of my passenger seatbelts has a half-turn twist, is it easy to get the belt out to sort this out?

It should be quite easy - check YouTube for a video on how to replace seat belt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should be able to twist it back, just fold in half & slowly fold it over in the belt back & forth until flat, always works for me if I find a client's belt twisted, OCD maybe but it's quite annoying lol.

Reactions: Willenium, HertS3 and rum4mo
Got it sorted!
removed the bench (case of pulling up hard) and undid the bolt holding belt down at the bottom but that didn't help as that has to go back the same way it was (so can't turn it once), then took the side trim out (one torx screw) and realised that it's pretty difficult to reach the screws holding the slot on the top feeding the belt through.

In the end it was a case of (as @NHN mentions) pulling the whole belt out, found that the fold was inside near the tensioner so managed to get rid of it! At least it's clean now under my bench :)

If you have lifted up the rear seat base, then you will have destroyed the 2 seat anchors, so now you should buy a couple of new ones, they are very cheap!

Reactions: HertS3
Oops, is that what the little broken black plastic clip I found under the bench was? Where do I get these clips and how do I put them back in??

Damn, just checked the bench is very loose now :(

Last edited:
Oh dear, yes sometimes they break but generally you should be able to lift without plastic breaks.

Oh, looks like I broke them! One at least. Do I have to buy the whole white part?

They are amazingly cheap, I was very surprised when I bought my first pair, you just remove/lever out everything, ie both the white and black bits.

They are made to be used once and so no surprise that they break when you rip the bench up - no VW Group way of avoiding that.