Twin Turbo Kits

It's a quattro and i will have a fairly large budget and an even bigger time frame. I will be using it as a daily driver, i was hoping to get about 300-320 BHP.

for that power goal, the complication and costs have to question the viability
"just to be different"?

Good luck with that

It would be good having power from 2500 revs all the way up to the limiter though! But if i had a few million tucked away id be getting all sorts of cars custom built!

doesn't work that way.
you would have to run two small turbos to get low down spool as they would effectviely be running on two cylinders.
If they are small enough to spool at 2k then they will be choking at 6k. Just like they do in a stock system.
Unless you are building a system that uses one small turbo exclusively at low revs and then a bigger turbo at higher revs (a la BMW 535 technology) the only way to get a low end spool and a good top end is variable vane (think 997 911 turbo) or a twin scroll housing.

TBH if you only want 300-320 you are better off with a 28 or 30 framed garrett.
If you want to get low spool stroke the block to 2008cc

As its only a 4 pot I dont think it would really benefit from being twin turbo'd unless you went down the small and large turbo route, like the bmw (or I think the tt skylines and supras used the same setup) to reduce turbo lag, but then these are 6 pots. You could look at using the VW GT setup supercharged and turbo charged (like the lancia S4)

for that power goal, the complication and costs have to question the viability
"just to be different"?

Good luck with that

320 was at a push, I would be happy with 250 but in an ideal world i would like 300. If i WAS going to twin charge the A3 now i would more than likely have a smaller turbo for low end power and a larger one for top end. But as I say in an ideal world i would have a twin scroll ceramic affair and a massive penis..... Hybrid Turbo seems to be the way.

presuming yours is just a k03 car now.. fwd too..

consider k03/4 hybrid which gets to the same level as a k04'd car, and slightly more

you dont seem to be consistent on what you think you want.

searchy around, there's shed loads of info about

Chris,

1. Big turbo conversion + (3" DP, Injectors, Uprated conrods, AH FAB FMIC) - 330BHP
2. Buy Matt82's S4 330BHP
3. Transplant an S4 lump into the A3 265BHP (standard)

What's your budget?

I have roughly 11k to spend on modifying the car, seeing as i wont be getting the new flat anytime soon......

I would sell the A3, buy an S3 and do a BIG Turbo conversion and have money left over for a trip to the ring and some hookers :)

dropping a turbo R32 engine into an s3 gets my vote, purely for that sound with those looks

I have roughly 11k to spend on modifying the car, seeing as i wont be getting the new flat anytime soon......

Id save the 11k and invest it into the flat when you get it rather than waste it on an A3 or if 320 bhp is your target sell the A3 and buy a car with 300bhp already, plenty to choose from with 11k in your pocket, there probably drive better than an A3/S3 aswell

11k to modify? Why not buy Matt's car or a B5 RS4?

Sense would point you towards the flat as well. We all know you do not get money back from modded cars.

im not being funny, but if you got an RS4 and then spent money on a remap and youre well beyond 400bhp.

in this instance, and this will sound odd, but my S4 is actually the most sensible option (S4, sensible option, not often heard together) but that knocks spots off putting £11k into an A3

low 13 quarters all day long. quite an epic car, i wonder why im selling it sometimes

dropping a turbo R32 engine into an s3 gets my vote, purely for that sound with those looks

This was something I debated on doing at one point but tbh I would just by an R32, strap a GT35 to it and be done... there is more than enough work getting a turbo working on a normally aspirated car to have to worry about all the other agro of swapping mechanicals/ECU's etc and getting them working...

<tuffty/>

This was something I debated on doing at one point but tbh I would just by an R32, strap a GT35 to it and be done... there is more than enough work getting a turbo working on a normally aspirated car to have to worry about all the other agro of swapping mechanicals/ECU's etc and getting them working...

<tuffty/>

Hey tuffty, isn't it just plug and play :p

im not being funny, but if you got an RS4 and then spent money on a remap and youre well beyond 400bhp.

in this instance, and this will sound odd, but my S4 is actually the most sensible option (S4, sensible option, not often heard together) but that knocks spots off putting £11k into an A3

low 13 quarters all day long. quite an epic car, i wonder why im selling it sometimes

its not the buying of the car, its the keeping it running which costs a fortune
way too scarey on reliability and service parts

im giving a fella from the B5 board a hand in the next couple weeks to change an exhaust manifold. engine out job

scary cars

I had a guy last year come round for revo trial in his rs6..
previous owner having just stumped up.... get ready for it..........

are you sitting comfortably..?

are you of nervous disposition..?

ready..?

£10,000 gearbox replacement bill.

Sold the car for £12k to a trader (the guy who wanted the trial)
it was riddled with faultcodes..

drove nice, went well, but.... man.. owch!

makes you shudder. and those RS6s have extremely complex suspension which is prone to causing a world of head ache from what ive read.

when you look on the RS6 boards they practically brag about the amount theyve had to pay out for repairs. different planet to where im from :S

Had a look in a thread similar to that, Matt. "RS6, good idea or bad". List of air suspension faults was the reply the poor guy got!

Friend's mother runs an RS6 avant. More engine trouble and off the road more than my grandfather's MGTA from the 1930s!

Anything is possible if you have the cash. Seen a E30 BMW with a 5 litre V10 in it lol.

Like what most people have said already, its means you have to have deep pockets. I would personally go for a 3.2 turbo

That BMW is one of my fave cars ever the detail is unreal!

For big power most go for large single turbos as mentioned a twin entry system would take some fitting (i dropped a spanner once and it took me 30 mins to get it out :( )battery etc would soon be in the boot

I was once told that if you need to ask the price you cant afford it!