1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Twin outlet exhaust conversion from single outlet

Tommy_Egan Jul 15, 2018

1. Tommy_Egan

Tommy_Egan Member

Was wondering if anyone has done this or can guide me where to get this done from in the Midlands

I have the single exhaust outlet but in love with the dual outlet look (not the quad/s4 look)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. And1

And1 Member

Are you after the same look as the 2.0 petrol? I'm also looking at that for my 3.0tdi if anyone knows the part number for the lower valance and a custom exhaust fitter

4. Tommy_Egan

Tommy_Egan Member

Yes that's correct.

I've spoken to Audi

The diffuser is £140 inc vat
    Chrome genuine tips £70 (approx)

Just need to find a garage to do the work.

Was hoping to speak to someone with some knowledge on this.

Can do a back box delete to keep cost low but wonder how that will affect sound

5. And1

And1 Member

Did you manage to get your exhaust conversion fitted? I think powerflow may be a good option as will build what you want

Tommy_Egan likes this.
  6. Tommy_Egan

Tommy_Egan Member

Yes all done.
    Fitted with powerflow silencers.
    And after market tips with same spec, genuine tips are too flimsy.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
  7. And1

And1 Member

Looks great :) I'm going to get mine done soon where did you get yours fitted and how much roughly does it cost

8. Tommy_Egan

Tommy_Egan Member

Cheers bud. Got it done in Birmingham, they’re called RJ Performance. £500 all in (mates rates :courage:)

9. pierreluigi88

pierreluigi88 Active Member Team Mythos Team V6 Audi S4

Which brand are the tips please? Just wondering if they make ones for the S4 as well.

10. Tommy_Egan

Tommy_Egan Member

Custom made from a company in Walsall.. they make to your spec using T304 steel

pierreluigi88 likes this.
  11. SMI77

SMI77 Australia Audi S4 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro

If the Search Forums would work I would give you the link to a lengthy thread on the S4 tips. They are cheap chrome steel, welded top & bottom to the exhaust pipe, which is apparently a poor grade stainless steel. At the exhaust place I went to, they were extremely reluctant to attempt to break the welds, for fear of damaging the valve on the rhs (on the left side the valve is before the muffler to actuate both pipes, hence only one pipe is open during normal driving). I agreed as I was not sure if Audi supplied a valve as a replacement part, let alone the cost.

I hate 'quads' & absolutely love the 'RS ovals', so it was a no-brainer to flange the valve/muffler/tips section so I could revert to OEM if required.

Attached Files:

Tommy_Egan likes this.
  12. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

13. Tommy_Egan

Tommy_Egan Member

Totally agree. I was going to use the genuine Audi tips for my exhaust conversion but when we took off the original tip.. the material is too thin and flimsy and was told it could on be tacked on which could result in it moving or even falling off so instead had aftermarket ones made up

14. Tommy_Egan

Tommy_Egan Member

Something similar to S4 tips..

Attached Files:

• A3.jpg
      A3.jpg
      File size:
      215.9 KB
      Views:
  15. pierreluigi88

pierreluigi88 Active Member Team Mythos Team V6 Audi S4

Cool, thanks for the info.