Twin exit exhaust

jolly14

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Is it possible to have a twin exit exhaust like the ones on the 1.8t on a 2.0L fsi avant and would i just have to fit a new twin exit valance.

many thanks

Yes you would obviously need the valance, and an exhaust from either a 1.8T or a 1.9TDi quattro (not 100% on the latter) - and then I think it's just an exhaust hanger required.

Its quite a popular and worthwhile mod ;)

Go for it you won't be disappointed.

P1020090.jpg

Hmmm..........anyone know of a set of back boxes and centre section set up from an S4 cab for sale???

Ohhhhhhhhh - that would be me then!!

If you are going to use an exhaust from another model remeber you need to take it from a car with the same number of cylinders and only quttro exhausts will fit quattro cars and fwd exhausts on fwd cars - not compatible the other way around. You also need a O/S heatshield, fixing bolts and O/S exhaust hanger. Rear valence required as suggested too.

If you are going to use an exhaust from another model remeber you need to take it from a car with the same number of cylinders and only quttro exhausts will fit quattro cars and fwd exhausts on fwd cars - not compatible the other way around.

Marc - This is a new one on me! Could you explain? Surely the centre sections, and rear boxes make no difference whatever car it is? Unless you mean the shape of the pipes?? Just wanted to know for my own piece of mind. :blush:

Marc has a pic somewhere I think, but the exhaust is shaped totally different on the quattro's as it has to negotiate the additional diff for the rear axle ;)

Quattro system comes straight down the middle of the car and splits evenly at the centre box ,
and the fwd centre box is off to the N/S and then the pipes come back across the car the N/S pipe is shorter than the O/S to the boxes .
there not swapable between quattro and Fwd .

Sorry to resurect this thread.

Im looking to do this to my 1.9tdi, could you tell me how many parts of the exhaust are required?

Reason I ask is I have been offered an exhaust but from the cat back.

Cheers.

Why do the 1.8T's require twin exhausts anyway?

the germans stuck them on because they look sexier? ........ok

I imagine it helps the engine breathe, but also looks more aggressive and is a styling touch over the 2.0.

Sorry to resurect this thread.

Im looking to do this to my 1.9tdi, could you tell me how many parts of the exhaust are required?

Reason I ask is I have been offered an exhaust but from the cat back.

Cheers.
I used the cat back exhaust from a 1.8t on my 1.9tdi the pipe diameter is identical and requires no mods at all.

The back bumper on my 2.5 TDi Q Sport Avant seems to be in 2 sections.....the upper section has the parking sensors in it.....the lower section looks like its separate from the upper section....

Whats the Part Number for the 1.8T Avant lower section (with the 2 exhaust ports) so I can find one on e-bay and is it an easy job to take the lower part of the back bumper off without taking the entire back bumper off.....

John I can't help you with the part number, but I think marc1 has posted it before. From memory it's not that expensive new, maybe £75 ish plus about £12 for the black sticker....(?) You will need to colour code too of course.

Thats probably a better bet than eBay, I've BTDT and have two valances sat in my shed which aren't suitable!

I've just found this, the prices are a bit more than I remember :sadlike:

Unless you can do a NikNak and pick them both up for £50 :ohmy:

Part numbers and dealership prices (from Aug-08):-
Avant Valance - 8E9 807 521G GRU £134.66 inc vat
Saloon Valance - 8E5 807 521 G GRU £137.28 inc VAT
Black centre Decal - 8E9 807 800A - £16.96 inc vat

U R showing off now :yum:
But, would like to do this to my 2.5 TDi Q Sport Avant.....But I want to do it for pennies not mega bucks :)

Come on John it's an Audi so nothing is cheep you should know that!

I used the cat back exhaust from a 1.8t on my 1.9tdi the pipe diameter is identical and requires no mods at all.

I need to do the twin exhaust mod soon but not sure on the best way to go about it on a 1.9TDI FWD. I see that getting a 1.8T exhaust is one way to do it but am a bit concerned about then having 2 back boxes. Will this not affect performance or mpg in any way?

The only other way I have seen is to remove the single standard back box and fit a plain bit of pipe that splits to each side of the car with a chrome tip on it. This way there will be no back box at all and I have the same concerns as above, plus the additional worry of loss of back pressure damaging the engine.

What effect will having none or 2 back boxes make on the 1.9TDI FWD? Does anyone have any experiences or know of any other way of doing it?

I know of a few (Niknak and Marc1 off the top of my head) who have converted a 1.9TDi to dual exits, and have not heard of any problems.

The more I think about it the more I want to do my 2.5 TDi :)
Now whats the chances of finding a smashed up 1.8T (will the 1.8T Quattro back bumper be the same as a 1.8T FWD back bumper).... with a Mauritius Blue bumper eh !

I need to do the twin exhaust mod soon but not sure on the best way to go about it on a 1.9TDI FWD. I see that getting a 1.8T exhaust is one way to do it but am a bit concerned about then having 2 back boxes. Will this not affect performance or mpg in any way?

The only other way I have seen is to remove the single standard back box and fit a plain bit of pipe that splits to each side of the car with a chrome tip on it. This way there will be no back box at all and I have the same concerns as above, plus the additional worry of loss of back pressure damaging the engine.

What effect will having none or 2 back boxes make on the 1.9TDI FWD? Does anyone have any experiences or know of any other way of doing it?
No issues at all i was worried that the exhaust may get louder by deleting the back boxes thats why i went with the 1.8t system its a direct fit and perfect in every way no change in performance or MPG .

No issues at all i was worried that the exhaust may get louder by deleting the back boxes thats why i went with the 1.8t system its a direct fit and perfect in every way no change in performance or MPG .

So am i clear forgetting the heat shield,hanger and rear valance, it is a system from a 1.8t i want, is that just from cat back?

Cool thanks, so a 1.8T back section then add a couple of nice chrome tips?

This seems the way to go but has anyone else deleted the back box on a 1.9TDI and just gone with the twin exit pipework?

So am i clear forgetting the heat shield,hanger and rear valance, it is a system from a 1.8t i want, is that just from cat back?
Yep 1.8t from cat back the system is even the same bore as the tdi so no mods at all with the system it fits straight on and the genuine sytems come in one piece so the front coupling is the only join .

Go for it you won't be disappointed.

P1020090.jpg

Ian.....did you have to replace the entire lower part of your bumper or just the bit thats the lower rear vallance with the two exhaust ports......what version/make of back bumper is yours,,,,,and where did you get the exhaust tail pipes sorted ? I would like the same size as the 1.8T myself...

Yep 1.8t from cat back the system is even the same bore as the tdi so no mods at all with the system it fits straight on and the genuine sytems come in one piece so the front coupling is the only join .

Thanks for that, this will be my next big project, just need to get the valance sorted then i will have a s-line one in atlas grey for sale!!

hey guys and gals, i have a 52 plate 2.5 diesel which has two rear tailpipes and boxes, i would love, love to have chrome exhaust tips, but don't want to do it cheap and nastily but no spend out to much, thing is i have no idea where to go, im in luton, bedfordshire............any advice would be very genuinly welcomed.

hey guys and gals, i have a 52 plate 2.5 diesel which has two rear tailpipes and boxes, i would love, love to have chrome exhaust tips, but don't want to do it cheap and nastily but no spend out to much, thing is i have no idea where to go, im in luton, bedfordshire............any advice would be very genuinly welcomed.

Do a google search for powerflow,there you will find a list of dealers,there's bown to be one near you they will be able to do you some nice chrome tips,personaly i would go for 100mm

Check out POWERFLOW for the tips which can be welded on, and you will need a new rear lower bumper. If you've an Avant I have one you might be interested in.

Why you not done it yet if you already have the valance??

Because the valance has some minor scratched in it, nothing really, but would suit a car thats got sprayed lowers better. I might yet do it, I'm undecided.

Because the valance has some minor scratched in it, nothing really, but would suit a car thats got sprayed lowers better. I might yet do it, I'm undecided.

Well if you decide not to and you wanna sell it cheap, i might have it off you as mine would need painting,but not just yet as i need a waterpump and whilst i'm there i may aswell do annother cambelt so more expense:faint:

Ian.....did you have to replace the entire lower part of your bumper or just the bit thats the lower rear vallance with the two exhaust ports......what version/make of back bumper is yours,,,,,and where did you get the exhaust tail pipes sorted ? I would like the same size as the 1.8T myself...

John,

The lower part is as per the picture (grey) section, it comes in one piece and has 4 screws, 2 each side behind the rear wheel, then the rest clips in. The tail pipes are the fully monty, 1 x full system.

Cheers
Ian

Does anyone know if the B7 2.0 FSi twin back box exhaust will also fit the 1.9FWD?

It looks the same shape as a B6 1.8T one to me

Does anyone know if the B7 2.0 FSi twin back box exhaust will also fit the 1.9FWD?

It looks the same shape as a B6 1.8T one to me
Chassis is the same so i cant see why not , and the B7 2.0 tdi fits a B6 1.9tdi so they are the same if you get my drift .