Twin exhaust

Dsport

Reaction score
I've had a quick look but need to know what twin exhaust will go on my tdi avant I can got hold of a quattro saloon one but not sure if it will fit can anyone point me in the right direction

If your car is fwd then you'll need a fwd system, typically from a 1.8T saloon or avant.

Won't an exhaust from a petrol car have the pipes pointing straight back? You'd end up with a very sooty back bumper.

It's a popular mod, loads of TDi drivers have done it and the soot isn't really an issue - look at the A3's, A6's etc they don't have swept down pipes.

Cheers James for the reply now I know what to look for can continue with my sertch
Cheers

It's a popular mod, loads of TDi drivers have done it and the soot isn't really an issue - look at the A3's, A6's etc they don't have swept down pipes.

I realise that soot isn't an issue - but am I correct in saying that the only diesel cars with straight exhausts from new, have to have a DPF fitted?
I've always assumed that the reason why the B6 TDi had exhausts pointed down as standard, is because it doesn't have a DPF.
Am I correct??

dont forget you need the exhaust hanger and heat shield for this mod as well... both parts from dealer are about £40-45

Oh. I thought only DPF fitted models have those. My 2.7TDI deffo had swept down tips.

Oh. I thought only DPF fitted models have those. My 2.7TDI deffo had swept down tips.

Sorry I wasn't very clear, I meant the later A6's, and possibly the A4's (I'm not sure) but BM's etc have straight out tips too.

I don't know about the DPF aspect, thats a new one on me.

if you get a second hand one you may get luckey and get the extra exhaust hanger, you'll also need 2 M8 bolts to attach this to the car, heat sheld i aint botherd with as during the life span of the car these will rot away and start rattling

TDI with twin exit, added bigger tips tho

audinats.jpg

so, your saying a 1.8T twin zorst system will go directly onto a 2.5 TDI set up and work ok? just change the rear bumper skirt for the holes?

As long as it's from a quattro I believe so yes. The layout of the pipes is the same, I'm not 100% sure on the bore size I'd need someone to confirm that.