TVS TCU flash with own tool

Evolution_Roy

Reaction score
Has anybody tried to flush the DSG software with the TVS flash tool? Is it easy to do? can you control settings in it or is it a hardcoded tune?

I did enquire on this, if there are agents who can do this in the country you live in, then there will be reluctance to supply the tool. Seems its not that simple to use.. once the agent or you connect, it sucks up the existing DSG firmware back to TVS, then TVS reengineer the code specific to your gearbox and make it available few hours later for you/agent to update the DSG. It also increments the update count and invalidates any warranty claim.

When you say suck-up- I guess you mean it just copies it into the device, does not delete the source on the car?

Yes, does not delete... they "read" the complete contents of the DSG into their systems over the internet, so they will have a copy of the original and will do what ever they make the updated version. Both, the original versions and the Tweaked (locked) Version will then be made available for you to download and keep locally and you/agent can overwrite the original and apply.

If its needed to fallback then the original is also there as well on your laptop and also in TSG as the firmware will be unique to your (VIN) - DSG box.

Whereas the official VAG version, will be generic (unlocked) for that specific version of the DSG across the globe.

Reactions: Evolution_Roy
Yes, does not delete... they "read" the complete contents of the DSG into their systems over the internet, so they will have a copy of the original and will do what ever they make the updated version. Both, the original versions and the Tweaked (locked) Version will then be made available for you to download and keep locally and you/agent can overwrite the original and apply.

If its needed to fallback then the original is also there as well on your laptop and also in TSG as the firmware will be unique to your (VIN) - DSG box.

Whereas the official VAG version, will be generic (unlocked) for that specific version of the DSG across the globe.

You can get the flasher tool it’s £200 plus the cost of whichever TCU you go for.
The one I enquired about was £685 just for the TCU.
Peron Automotive in Barnsley.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Marky79
You can get the flasher tool it’s £200 plus the cost of whichever TCU you go for.
The one I enquired about was £685 just for the TCU.
Peron Automotive in Barnsley.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I also looked at these devices, in the long term you’ll save money if you use it a few times over the lifetime of buying vw/Audi group cars. In the end I bought a unicorn developments one for the ECU tune and left the TCU. But even that didn’t work out and the map was garbage. So I would always visit a tuner with a roller to test it on.

I also looked at these devices, in the long term you’ll save money if you use it a few times over the lifetime of buying vw/Audi group cars. In the end I bought a unicorn developments one for the ECU tune and left the TCU. But even that didn’t work out and the map was garbage. So I would always visit a tuner with a roller to test it on.

Is there a tuner that does real-time TCU tuning on the roller?

Is there a tuner that does real-time TCU tuning on the roller?

No there’s not, I was just giving my experience of at home tuning boxes. Either way, visiting a premises is a guarantee that you’re not stuck with a duff map. Just saying.

Reactions: Evolution_Roy
OK, just finished installing the TVS stage 2+ using the flash tool. All in all, not too difficult to use, although not 'plug and play' either.
Ordered on the net via their web-site. Took just a few days to arrive.
Installation of the software on a laptop needed a special restart procedure to install the USB tool driver.
After reading the car TCU ID using the flash tool, sent the data plus a tune file request (a pdf form you fill) to TVS.
It took about 1 day to get the tune file from TVS. Programming the ECU with the tune was easy and took just a few minutes. TVS themselves are very responsive and friendly.

Reactions: DW81
OK, just finished installing the TVS stage 2+ using the flash tool. All in all, not too difficult to use, although not 'plug and play' either.
Ordered on the net via their web-site. Took just a few days to arrive.
Installation of the software on a laptop needed a special restart procedure to install the USB tool driver.
After reading the car TCU ID using the flash tool, sent the data plus a tune file request (a pdf form you fill) to TVS.
It took about 1 day to get the tune file from TVS. Programming the ECU with the tune was easy and took just a few minutes. TVS themselves are very responsive and friendly.
What was the total outlay in the end?

Its a flash file. You can specify options on the file request, but only TVS can do the tweaking.