Facelift TVS engineering S tronic map

Marshy

Settled in
Reaction score
Thinking of pulling the trigger on a TVS engineering driveability gearbox map,
Wondered if anyone e has any feedback or opinions on the software?
All the research I've done I can't find a bad word about them, I just find that running Apr stage 1 that because the torque has increased that the gearbox can get confused especially in lower gears.
I should add this is a pfl.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Reactions: illingworth22 and evil_scooby
Thinking of pulling the trigger on a TVS engineering driveability gearbox map,
Wondered if anyone e has any feedback or opinions on the software?
All the research I've done I can't find a bad word about them, I just find that running Apr stage 1 that because the torque has increased that the gearbox can get confused especially in lower gears.
I should add this is a pfl.

Do you ever plan on going stage 2+? If so maybe get the MRC map as it is only £250 if taken at the same time as an ECU map. Obviously depends if you’re hellbend on staying APR or not. If not, MRC’s map is still quite a bit cheaper than TVS’s DSG tune. I too was going to go TVS, but I can’t fault mrc’s tune.

Reactions: Marshy
No intention of going to stage 2 so was looking at the driveability map.
Interesting that the tvs stage 1 gearbox map is only £300 but doesn't include the driveability.

No intention of going to stage 2 so was looking at the driveability map.
Interesting that the tvs stage 1 gearbox map is only £300 but doesn't include the driveability.

I found that weird as well. I assume it was for a reason.
I'm torn apr and tvs
Or mrc.

Apr seems more popular now for some reason.
Although not sure of price differences in stage1 or 2

Reactions: Marshy
Very happy with the Apr stage 1 engine software and the TVS gearbox software, they work well together.

Reactions: illingworth22 and FBF01
Very happy with the Apr stage 1 engine software and the TVS gearbox software, they work well together.

Which version of the TVS map did you get, Marshy? I'm stage 1 APR too and just wanting to smooth out the downshifts in auto really as I find it a bit jerky.

Which version of the TVS map did you get, Marshy? I'm stage 1 APR too and just wanting to smooth out the downshifts in auto really as I find it a bit jerky.
Since I've no intention of doi g past stage 1 I went for the driveability map from TVS.
Not been far but covered about 600 miles so far on it and very happy with it.
Silky smooth and quicker shifts.
Makes comfort mode usually now too instead of the extremely lazy mode before.
Cost £430 for the map.

Reactions: illingworth22
@Marshy How do you find the TVS Drivability Map when in Sport Mode, as in what changes are there to the way it changes? The one thing I don't like on the Audi DSG is the time it takes to get to the next gear, 3rd, and you end up looking a tool revving the nuts of your car, that and it constantly changing down a gear when not necessary.

I sold the car at the end of August last year.
I do remember that it was a noticeable improvement over stock software and really speeded the changes up.
S was definitely more useable than before and it didn’t hang on to gears as much.
S was useable round town where it wasn’t before.
Not a massive help for you, although I still feel it was a worthwhile mod.

Reactions: illingworth22