Tv packed in - is it worth getting it repaired?

Fife-Bloke

Reaction score
No power to tv, socket is ok, tried another known working power lead, tv not even going to standby it’s totally dead.
Now it was working fine last night, so I’m thinking it can’t be anything major, possibly an internal fuse or something?
However I also know modern electronics, possibly could be a blown component that’s suffered latent ESD damage at manufacturing stage.
Tv is a Samsung just over 2 years old. Don’t fancy binning it already bearing in mind it cost over £600 new
cheers

Contact Samsung given its 2 year warranty, they may do some goodwill repair or credit towards a new one.

I'd get a meter on the inside & check for power on circuits.

Check online for a factory reset via buttons or touch controls, usually service menu is factory reset but there maybe a hidden hard reset.

I’d go out and buy the same tv and return the broken one in the box.
Order one from Amazon and ship it back and say it didn’t work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Audi McAudiface
Contact Samsung given its 2 year warranty, they may do some goodwill repair or credit towards a new one.

I'd get a meter on the inside & check for power on circuits.

Check online for a factory reset via buttons or touch controls, usually service menu is factory reset but there maybe a hidden hard reset.
Hi thanks for the reply Samsung not interested, so I’ll have a bash at opening it up, nothing to lose now. If it’s the power board That’s fine I can get one on the bay of e for £6. Main board is more expensive and a heap of work that may be beyond my capabilities anyway. So just have to see what happens.

I’d go out and buy the same tv and return the broken one in the box.
Order one from Amazon and ship it back and say it didn’t work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It’s obsolete now, can’t see it on sale anywhere.
But I wouldn’t have done that anyway you can tell it’s not new.

New tv bought today, accidentally cracked the screen whilst mounting it on the wall. £500 quite literally down the drain.
Ears getting bashed from the mrs. Was securing the rear brackets for the wall mount, misjudged the size of it and as I turned round the bottom corner of the screen hit the table.
So now I have no tv and no more money to replace it.
Just to cap a totally s**t day my buildings and contents expired on the 20th, I was positive it was the 28th which is when the new policy starts.
Absolutely gutted here tonight

Is this a wind up?

I would for this tv follow previous advice tbh.

Jees hung many TVs, not cracked 1, that's just bad luck, order online & do what's needed that's all I'll say.

Jeez hope she dont allow you too babysit ...
And all your advice would be:
Simply replace the missing teeth with polystyrene and plonk in a high chair upright .....

Reactions: NHN