Tuuuuurbo blue

Jon Roach

Reaction score
Still thinking if I’ve done the right thing of ordering S3 in turbo blue after years of owning a monsoon grey..... let’s see them turbo blue please folks?

Still thinking if I’ve done the right thing of ordering S3 in turbo blue after years of owning a monsoon grey..... let’s see them turbo blue please folks?

Compared to Monsoon Turban Bloo will be a breath of fresh air....and will be far higher maintenance ....Turbo blue doesn't look that great in direct sunlight if l am honest ....but hey its the UK we live in

Reactions: NevMan and Jon Roach
I've only got a little not so old Audi A1 but it is turbo blue
Car01

Reactions: BarryG79, Terminator x, Jon Roach and 4 others
Brave person. It’s a lovely colour, we have it on a small wall in our bathroom. Love it there but not on a car. A very Marmite colour and likely to go out of favour and affect residuals IMHO. Bit like the curse of red leather seats. I suppose this is a good argument for a PCP!

As above, great for a while but will fall out of fashion quickly.

Reactions: NevMan and RGBARGEE
I have had loads of greif with folks saying voodoo blue is the same as Turbo blue ...Turbo blue is knock off copy by Audi shall l say...but l don't think Turbo blue is a fad...at all...folks said the same about Nardo ...
939b4715a34e9fed9177eaadee4be04a.jpg

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk
030132dcb0d43de4d5a90a35857fbb1b.jpg
ef4820064049073cd8586f31dd8dd23d.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: vatdim, BarryG79, daytonamart and 2 others
Voodoo blue looks a good few shades darker than turbo blue, at least in those photos it does.

I think its also a waste of time on a standard model, I seen a TTS in turbo blue the other day and with the black trim it really suited the car.

In contrast I seen a pretty basic A4 in the same colour, and it just didn't look right at all.

Reactions: pburv and Jassyo06
Reminds me of Renault Racing Blue, and that never went out of fashion. Both are lovely colours.

Reactions: pburv
Haven’t got an S3 in Turbo Blue but I do have this
009c907aebc6e3babdf3964360d21e3c.jpg

Love the colour

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Audi Bairn, BarryG79, Terminator x and 2 others
I have had loads of greif with folks saying voodoo blue is the same as Turbo blue ...Turbo blue is knock off copy by Audi shall l say...but l don't think Turbo blue is a fad...at all...folks said the same about Nardo ...
939b4715a34e9fed9177eaadee4be04a.jpg

030132dcb0d43de4d5a90a35857fbb1b.jpg
ef4820064049073cd8586f31dd8dd23d.jpg
Stunning!.:respekt:
Agree with you Turbo blue is a nice colour. I really like the A1 my brother has in the same colour.
Just think how much you would've saved if they offered Turbo blue when you spec'd your car.
No one will know the difference :cower: lol
Just kidding mate. I don't think anyone on this forum has an S3 as nice as yours.:friends:
Hopefully that's got me out of your 'bad book' :whistle2:

Reactions: Jassyo06
To be honest I find it quite easy to keep clean but I've never actually owned a black car

sorry mate, meant as in does it look dirty as soon as it gets the slightest bit of muck or spray on it?

sorry mate, meant as in does it look dirty as soon as it gets the slightest bit of muck or spray on it?

I would say no for getting a bit of spray on it, but I did have a silver car before this one and I could get away with not having to clean it as often.

I have it on a new shape A1 and have had positive comments when out and about, is easier to find in the carpark in the sea of drab greys, blacks and silvers.
Go bright colours for a change!

Reactions: Jon Roach, Jassyo06 and pburv
Stunning!.:respekt:
Agree with you Turbo blue is a nice colour. I really like the A1 my brother has in the same colour.
Just think how much you would've saved if they offered Turbo blue when you spec'd your car.
No one will know the difference :cower: lol
Just kidding mate. I don't think anyone on this forum has an S3 as nice as yours.:friends:
Hopefully that's got me out of your 'bad book' :whistle2:

Saving money on paint has'nt nor will ever enter my mind as far as renting an Audi mate even them Audi Seagulls followed the trawler......lol
Ps...Yer Ditched Bromance over....

Reactions: Sparks43 and pburv
Saving money on paint has'nt nor will ever enter my mind as far as renting an Audi mate even them Audi Seagulls followed the trawler......lol
Ps...Yer Ditched Bromance over....
:bye:

Reactions: Sparks43 and Jassyo06
UP yours .....Taffy...... SUV.....Luvr....lol
Well in that case! Why you telling everyone you have Voooodoooo Blieu when we all know it's a Turbo knock off...
Yer haggis luvr bagpipe blowing ****** northerner .:box:

Reactions: Sparks43 and Jassyo06
did take long for voodoo to appear did it

back to orginal question

our turbo blue

IMG_8489 by Paul Whitt82, on Flickr

as doesnt look flat at all in sunlight unless its dirty

Reactions: Audi Bairn, BarryG79, Terminator x and 2 others
i think turbo blue is model sensitve though - havent seen the new a3 but turbo blue A4s look very cheap and tacky IMO

Can’t help but think that all these blues stem back to the original World Rally Blue that Subaru used on the WRX.

did take long for voodoo to appear did it

back to orginal question

our turbo blue

IMG_8489 by Paul Whitt82, on Flickr

as doesnt look flat at all in sunlight unless its dirty
You turn up the colour in your camera editor any more you'll turn even the tyres blue
TTS "Vorsprung" in turbo blue looks heehaw like that TT you like to keep posting
0f9e841646589ee90a9983a34dd2ef0c.jpg

thanks for proving my point - doesnt look flat on your pics and the a4 looks a bit ****

and as the thread was about turbo blue means your last post is relevant to the OP

Turbo Blue does not turn my crank....too light and no sparkle in the sun. On an aside in Canada all S5 flat colours are no charge...Audi UK getting greedy again?

Woops, I need a new pair of specs :blush:....no charge for flat colours in UK configurator. I will now stand in the corner, and keep Boris company.

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Jassyo06 and pburv
Hope the A3 will be available with Tioman Green that the new A1’s come in cause that is a cool colour

Attachments

• upload_2020-11-26_19-31-31.jpeg
    upload_2020-11-26_19-31-31.jpeg
    446.3 KB · Views: 362