Turtlewax bug and tar remover

Ed

Reaction score
This stuff is completely rubbish! It was just as effective leaving suds on the area and wiping off after it has soaked in.

Are all tar removers like this one? Any that anyone can recommend?

Auto glym is pretty good. I "borrow" the stuff that rac windscreens use its amazing!

I'd recommend autoglym 2. Between that and the clay bar I managed to get all the tar spots off my car. If there are any that don't seem 2 be coming off, dabbing them with petrol works, but be careful and make sure you wash it all off.

Clark,

Does Tar and Glue remover remove the hardest most welded on insect residue?

On our Golf and now on my new S3, the insect residue will just not come off. At the weekend I did the following:-

- washed the cars
- soaked a terry towel in warm water and tried to place it on the car to loosen the bug residue - this removed most
- washed the sections again
- bugs still there, in a very fine covering
- got out the AutoGlym Intensive Tar remover - didn't make any difference
- washed sections again
- tried meguiars clay bar, bugs still there
- washed sections again
- gave up

:)

AL

AL_B said:
Clark,

Does Tar and Glue remover remove the hardest most welded on insect residue?

On our Golf and now on my new S3, the insect residue will just not come off. At the weekend I did the following:-

- washed the cars
- soaked a terry towel in warm water and tried to place it on the car to loosen the bug residue - this removed most
- washed the sections again
- bugs still there, in a very fine covering
- got out the AutoGlym Intensive Tar remover - didn't make any difference
- washed sections again
- tried meguiars clay bar, bugs still there
- washed sections again
- gave up

:)

AL

In most cases, but sometimes claying is needed to remove the stubbornest of bonded surface contaminants; agreed, some insect remains can be like concrete to remove! :yes: