Turn off the ESC completely?

EsA3

Reaction score
Hello guys, first snow here in sweden and ofcours you have to have some fun with the quattro, turning of the ESC with the "off" button seems to work just a bit, because in some speeds and some turns, the ESC kicks in even if it is on "off". How do i shutt down the system completely? What do i have to do?

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Press and hold - enjoy. ;o)

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Daytonapig
For how long? :D 5 sec or 10+ sec? :D

Did it the other day as a test. Was nowhere near ten. Probably around 5 seconds.

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Rob2k68
And that shoyld shutt it off completely?

Reactions: azibux1
Yeah one quick press puts it into 'Sport' mode, which gives you some play but will come in of it feels you are going too far... Push and hold for around 5 seconds and you should hear another 'ping' and a message saying ESP Off should come on the display. Then enjoy.

Had some fun last year in the snow in a big empty car park ;-)

Reactions: Audi Bairn, azibux1, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
Wow tried it now :D Now we are talking! Much better now :D No more ESP that comes in, can go reaaally wide now, thanks alot guys! :D

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Scottyg, azibux1 and 2 others
Quattro / haldex still in action I guess?

Wow tried it now :D Now we are talking! Much better now :D No more ESP that comes in, can go reaaally wide now, thanks alot guys! :D
@EsA3 - We NEED pic's ;) :D

Reactions: azibux1, Audi Bairn, Rob2k68 and 2 others
Here's a pic of mine from last year with a little bit of oversteer! Fun fun fun...

20161107 214137

Reactions: Daytonapig, mfl, Audi Bairn and 6 others
14937804 1165986006812480 1921574454 n
After a day in the snow ;) But ill get some better pic & vids sooooon!

Reactions: Daytonapig, Rob2k68 and Ozmosis
It's still on slightly even when fully switched off, the only way is to code it out using vcds