Turn off automatic door lock

sunshinewelly

Reaction score
Is there a way of stopping the car from locking all the doors when you are in motion and then stop to pick up a passenger

I basically pick up my dad every night from work and when I pull over he can't open the doors and it's a case of either knocking the car off or having to stretch across to open door from the inside. It's a pain

I assume there is an option to prevent this but I can't find it

Since the B9 they removed the option to manually Disable automatic door locking. However you can enable it again with vcds/vcp/obd11. You will get the menu option back where you can disable it.

Module 46
Byte 35
DISABLE bit 0 (standard is enabled)

Then you will find the lock option under central locking menu.

A3 8V Facelift Limousine

You only have to press driver side unlock button, not that much of a chore ;)

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: CHEZ and WesT-gefül
I’m pretty sure I can deactivate this in the MMI? I’ll check tomorrow if I remember.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m pretty sure I can deactivate this in the MMI? I’ll check tomorrow if I remember.

I thought you could but can't find it in the manual - I may be thinking of my old A3...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

There is a button right next to you in the door panel that unlocks and locks the door ???

Reactions: Happy Grumpz and WesT-gefül

I am sure my car has it in the mmi as well, but ours maybe earlier builds?

Mine is a my17 but in the manual I have dowloaded from the link at the top of this forum, dated 05 2016, there is no mention. I can check the one that came with the car however.

Ok just looked at the mmi settings and indeed there isn't anyway of configuring this within the car settings. I think Pychoscot is correct in that there was a setting for this in my previous A3.

Last edited:
Reactions: Daggerit
As others have said you have a door unlock button next to you. If it’s not working on 1 push of the door unlock button, I’ll explain.

If you have the setting - push unlock button on your keyfob to open only the drivers door you will need to push the unlock button on your drivers door twice in quick succession. I figured this out when i couldn’t unlock the car from inside the car.

The setting to lock the car is for safety and convenience.

Reactions: Happy Grumpz
Funny how when I had a focus many were moaning that the self lock didn't exist and ford's reason was for safety purposes. Of course then many were replying, 'well you only have to press a button to lock it', etc etc ect.
Sheez, what did we do when we didn't have electric windows, life must have been not worth living ;-)

Reactions: CHEZ
Sheez, what did we do when we didn't have electric windows, life must have been not worth living ;-)
And don't forget about having to manually wind the window down to reach out and adjust the door mirror! I can remember having an Opel Manta that had adjustable door mirrors, but having to reach across the car to adjust the passenger door mirror was most inconvenient:tearsofjoy:

As for the unlocking the door when you pick someone up, I must say I don't find the push of one button on the door next to where my hand is on the steering wheel to be much of a chore. I certainly prefer it to the thought that some low life could yank a door open at the lights and make off with my case or phone!

Reactions: cuke2u
Since the B9 they removed the option to manually Disable automatic door locking. However you can enable it again with vcds/vcp/obd11. You will get the menu option back where you can disable it.

Module 46
Byte 35
DISABLE bit 0 (standard is enabled)

Then you will find the lock option under central locking menu.

A3 8V Facelift Limousine

Hello, this is my first post to this website, having joined yesterday. In regards to VCDS, are Audi mechanics mostly all trained in this software? Audi removed the option to shut off automatic door locking on my new 2020 Q3. I did not see this in my two test drives. My dealer tells me that it (the option to shut off auto door locking) cannot be put back in. However, I'm sure that the Audi mechanics can do this. Any comments? Thanks very much.

Hello, this is my first post to this website, having joined yesterday. In regards to VCDS, are Audi mechanics mostly all trained in this software? Audi removed the option to shut off automatic door locking on my new 2020 Q3. I did not see this in my two test drives. My dealer tells me that it (the option to shut off auto door locking) cannot be put back in. However, I'm sure that the Audi mechanics can do this. Any comments? Thanks very much.
Havent noticed that it was gone in the new Q3. So cant say for sure if it can be put back. If possible then its an adaption in module 09.

Havent noticed that it was gone in the new Q3. So cant say for sure if it can be put back. If possible then its an adaption in module 09.
Would you be able to cut and paste the module 9 VCDS programming code? Thanks.

Would you be able to cut and paste the module 9 VCDS programming code? Thanks.
Its not a code, but adaption channel. Use security access 31347 and look for something like ZV- autolock menu

Its not a code, but adaption channel. Use security access 31347 and look for something like ZV- autolock menu
In your opinion, do you believe that an Audi-trained mechanic who works at these Audi dealers would be able to use VCDS as you specify?
I believe that he can. I have a Claustrophobia problem, and do not like to be locked in when I drive. I previously had an Audi A4 2014, and shut off the locking system the first day that I took delivery of the car.

In your opinion, do you believe that an Audi-trained mechanic who works at these Audi dealers would be able to use VCDS as you specify?
I believe that he can. I have a Claustrophobia problem, and do not like to be locked in when I drive. I previously had an Audi A4 2014, and shut off the locking system the first day that I took delivery of the car.
They should be able to do it with Odis.

Check your settings service and centrale lock. Is one of the last icons. There you can find the menu Central Locking. Look if the option to disable it is present.

I went for a drive in town after dark the other night, and wondered "Why is the car behind flashing me.". So I pulled over to assess what was wrong. I'd had a tow bar fitted earlier in the day, and in the course of fitting it the fitter had turned off the "auto" lights, so I was in fact driving without lights on. I felt silly and am more careful now.

Strange, if I drive off with the lights off when the ambient light is low enough to turn on the lights I get warned in the DIS with a message.