1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Turn off automatic door lock

sunshinewelly Aug 7, 2018

1. sunshinewelly

sunshinewelly Active Member

Is there a way of stopping the car from locking all the doors when you are in motion and then stop to pick up a passenger

I basically pick up my dad every night from work and when I pull over he can't open the doors and it's a case of either knocking the car off or having to stretch across to open door from the inside. It's a pain

I assume there is an option to prevent this but I can't find it

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. RJ-8V

RJ-8V Active Member Team Daytona Audi A3 S-line owners group

Since the B9 they removed the option to manually Disable automatic door locking. However you can enable it again with vcds/vcp/obd11. You will get the menu option back where you can disable it.

Module 46
    Byte 35
    DISABLE bit 0 (standard is enabled)

Then you will find the lock option under central locking menu.

A3 8V Facelift Limousine

4. terminator x

terminator x Well-Known Member Team Nardo Team V6 Audi RS4

You only have to press driver side unlock button, not that much of a chore ;)

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

WesT-gefül likes this.
  5. Daggerit

Daggerit Well-Known Member Team Floret Silver TFSI Owners Group Team V6 Audi S4 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro

I’m pretty sure I can deactivate this in the MMI? I’ll check tomorrow if I remember.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Psychoscot

Psychoscot Active Member Team Moonlight TFSI Owners Group Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group S-line owners group Manual

I thought you could but can't find it in the manual - I may be thinking of my old A3...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

7. sunshinewelly

Psychoscot and terminator x like this.
  8. JRF

JRF Member

There is a button right next to you in the door panel that unlocks and locks the door ???

Happy Grumpz and WesT-gefül like this.
  9. cuke2u

cuke2u Well-Known Member TFSI Owners Group saloon Audi A4 S-line owners group

I am sure my car has it in the mmi as well, but ours maybe earlier builds?

10. Daggerit

Daggerit Well-Known Member Team Floret Silver TFSI Owners Group Team V6 Audi S4 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro

It's possible? Mine is an early MY18 build, I don't know how that fits in with respect to the OP's?

11. cuke2u

Mine is a my17 but in the manual I have dowloaded from the link at the top of this forum, dated 05 2016, there is no mention. I can check the one that came with the car however.

Ok just looked at the mmi settings and indeed there isn't anyway of configuring this within the car settings. I think Pychoscot is correct in that there was a setting for this in my previous A3.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
    Daggerit likes this.
  12. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

13. cuke2u

Just edited my post as I have discovered more...

14. WesT-gefül

WesT-gefül Active Member Bronze Supporter

As others have said you have a door unlock button next to you. If it’s not working on 1 push of the door unlock button, I’ll explain.

If you have the setting - push unlock button on your keyfob to open only the drivers door you will need to push the unlock button on your drivers door twice in quick succession. I figured this out when i couldn’t unlock the car from inside the car.

The setting to lock the car is for safety and convenience.

Happy Grumpz likes this.
  15. cuke2u

Funny how when I had a focus many were moaning that the self lock didn't exist and ford's reason was for safety purposes. Of course then many were replying, 'well you only have to press a button to lock it', etc etc ect.
    Sheez, what did we do when we didn't have electric windows, life must have been not worth living ;-)

16. Paul Golding

Paul Golding Active Member Team Brilliant Black TFSI Owners Group saloon Audi A4 S-line owners group S tronic

And don't forget about having to manually wind the window down to reach out and adjust the door mirror! I can remember having an Opel Manta that had adjustable door mirrors, but having to reach across the car to adjust the passenger door mirror was most inconvenient:tearsofjoy:

As for the unlocking the door when you pick someone up, I must say I don't find the push of one button on the door next to where my hand is on the steering wheel to be much of a chore. I certainly prefer it to the thought that some low life could yank a door open at the lights and make off with my case or phone!

cuke2u likes this.
  17. sunshinewelly

i know now - i only spotted it last night in the dark

cuke2u likes this.