Turbo's gone

S3 TAM

Pocket now empty
Reaction score
Right

My Turbos had it a week before i'm going to the ring. I need some help cause i don't know where to get a new one from at a good price. Will i be able to get this sorted by next wednesday?????

Backdraft Motorsports said they will do one for £695 +VAT next day delivery.

Thats about the best price i can get apart from the eBay jobby for £270. I'm not getting that one becuase it's not a genuine Turbo, so it must be a chineese import and i've heard bad things about them....

Anyone, shall i get the backdraft one for that price. bearing in mind i dont have time to get mine rebuilt.

Well loads of white smoke. you can hear it whining still, no boost also the bearings are very noisey. just ordered a brand new one from CR's £545 on an exchange, u can't go wrong with that. delivery monday so should be ready for the ring on thursday. yey

Is it a standard K04?

My standard K04 went in for rebuild at CR Turbos after my pothole incident (long story to explain lol). My mechanic done my car work for me. CR picked up the turbo from my mechanic on a Monday morning, took it back to their workshop, had a complete rebuild with upgraded 360 degree thrust bearings, and was back with my mechanic on a Wednesday! Damn good service to me for a very good price!! :)

www.crturbos.co.uk

Hope you can get this sorted for next week mate as you've been well up for this trip for ages now.

Just so you guys know, this turbo was killed by oil starvation caused by a blocked oil strainer and pickup. After Matt82 raised this as a very common problem on the 1.8T a few months ago I've seen a lot of posts on these boards where people have checked theirs and they are also blocked or close to blocked.

I cant stress enough how important it is to get yours checked if you haven't already done before something like this happens to you!

Hows my luck. The oil pump failed in return screwed up the turbo which screwed up my intercoolers. just got my car back from having a hole load of work done and loads of cash. driving last night done about 25 miles power steering pump failed & a split oil breather hose = more cash.

i'm meant to be going to the ring in 2 days time.

I got to say 4 Rings in Dartford have really sorted me out if it weren't for them i wouldn't be going to the Ring. I owe them a few beers.:thumbsup:

dear oh dear, and you were gonna take it all the way across germany like that!!

the silver lining is at least you found out here. imagine dumping the pas fluid 100 miles into france or worse on the ring itself, theyd lynch you (and youd shag your pas pump in a hurry)

Mate I just hope this is the end of it! I dont fancy trying to sort out a trailer ride back from Germany late Sunday night. Fingers crossed

Let hope we all have an enjoyable weekend and you can forget about the kidney you've had to sell to pay for the car.

Hows my luck. The oil pump failed in return screwed up the turbo which screwed up my intercoolers. just got my car back from having a hole load of work done and loads of cash. driving last night done about 25 miles power steering pump failed & a split oil breather hose = more cash.

i'm meant to be going to the ring in 2 days time.

I got to say 4 Rings in Dartford have really sorted me out if it weren't for them i wouldn't be going to the Ring. I owe them a few beers.:thumbsup:

Im out there this weekend, may see ya there. :icon_thumright: