Turbos and Pipes

.-Samuel-.

Reaction score
I have got a hybrid turbo and am going to fit it to my car.

Where can i get all the pipes and everything i need to install the turbo from?

I cant seem to find what i need either its really wierd

You're the guy that didn't have a turbo on the car at all?

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/hybrid-turbo.242115/#post-2429469

Perhaps better to say what car you're fitting this to,and what it's current spec is,plus what turbo etc you plan to use.

Then we can give you some answers.

Tell me what it is you're trying to do,and I can give you a parts and suppliers list a mile long.

Last edited:
Audi A3 8P 2L TDi. Non turboed atm but its had a remap to 185bhp

Audi A3 8P 2L TDi. Non turboed atm but its had a remap to 185bhp

Not quite getting this....

It's remapped to 185bhp but it doesnt have a turbo?

Does that mean you've removed the current turbo,and are waiting to get all the bits together or what.....are you driving it or is it off road in bits?

Standard when i bought it it was 140bhp but i got it remapped and it is 185bhp. From as far as i knoe it aint got a turbo

TDi means turbocharged.

There is no way a non-turbocharged 2.0L diesel would produce 180+bhp without.

I think you need to go and find out exactly what is on the car currently,plus what map,and then tell us what hybrid you've bought,so we all know where we're going from.

Otherwise it's a bit pointless working in the dark.

Where did the turbo come from? Does it suit your engine?

If not, good chance it's not worth trying to fit it.

Reactions: S3Alex
Where did the turbo come from? Does it suit your engine?

If not, good chance it's not worth trying to fit it.

This is the sort of info I've been trying to get from Samuel all morning.

I'm not sure he knows what the engine is,let alone what spec hybrid is,or even what map the car is running.

Last edited:
If you have such little understanding of your engine, take the turbo to a local tuner, see what they say.
Trying to work it out on the forum is not going to get you very far and you're going to need a local tuner to install and tweak the ECU anyway.

You also need to consider what supporting mods you need to get that turbo doing its best, again this can be sorted by a local tuner.

Reactions: S3Alex
If you have such little understanding of your engine, take the turbo to a local tuner, see what they say.
Trying to work it out on the forum is not going to get you very far and you're going to need a local tuner to install and tweak the ECU anyway.

You also need to consider what supporting mods you need to get that turbo doing its best, again this can be sorted by a local tuner.

This is the answer.

Simply trying to bolt on a hybrid replacement with virtually no knowledge of what you're doing,or what the requirements are,is asking for trouble.

Go to a decent,well established tuner,and tell them what you want,rather than just buying parts on spec alone.