Turbo Type?

AlexT

Reaction score
I was just wondering if anybody could shed some light on what my turbo is, the model number is 03C145701N on my 1.4tfsi with engine code CAXC, im thinking of getting a hybrid turbo but arnt sure if it is a K03 or what?

Any help appreciated Alex :)

They post it in the a1 forum too man, someone on there may share the same engine.... Would be a useful bit of info, I'm thinking they do, unless it's a newer one on the a1's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With it being the 08 A3 its the same engine as in some of the mk5 golfs and not the A1's, i dont think they started making the A1's with it in till a few years later :/, so i cant find anything

May share the same turbo tho? I'm pretty sure it's a ko3 same as mine but it may be a ko3s, defo one or the two I would say! Ashame there's not many of ours about

I found that too! Does that mean it's totally different?

the 125hp is a mitsubishi turbo, the twincharger does use K03.
BUT, ive seen several threads in other forums of this 'stage 3' on the 125hp 1.4

they use a LOBA hybrid turbo k03 (made for the twincharger) you need to make a custom downpipe and intake, and replace the manifold intercooler for a front mount intercooler.

here's some info that says pretty much what i wrote before
http://www.etuners.gr/vw-scirocco-vw-golf-6-turbocharger-upgrade/

Ahh, right so gonna take abit more than i thought unless i can get the current turbo made into a hybrid, but not sure what internals would go in.

I read that the LOBA hybrid isnt too good as it needs alot of backpressure and you cant run it with a decat, people were sying to just get the current turbo turned into a hybrid, but this was for the golfs which i guess means that they are using the k03 to start with

The turbo is loosely based on a k03 tfsi from the 2lt engine in terms of internals, it can be upgraded to the larger k04 turbine and the k04 1.8t compressor wheel and should be good for 300bhp if allowed but everything else will limit it before it reaches that figure.

Thanks, ill be happy push 200, that sounds like a plan, im no expert but i guessed if i could get a hyrbid made from a turbo thats meant for the car it would mean that i dont have to mess around with oil lines or moving things like the intake like in the guide above (http://www.vagoc.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=12698&showall=1).

So when i go to get one made into a hybrid can i just ask the company who i get too do it too upgrade the internals too that of a K04 ?

Very much appreciated, Alex.