Turbo Timer

R1KVX

Reaction score
Hi Guys thinking of buying a timer turbo, just wondered if any of you guys have got one fitted or is it no worth bothering, & just leave it running while I sit in it for a few minutes?:think:

I wanted one as well but no sure how to fit them. I just get out and have a fag while it cools down. also for the last 5 mins of journey I try not to boost at all.

If you manage to find a decent one and know how to fit it i might be interested. having a fag outside in the winter is not good.

I was offered one for free but i didnt want one. Main reasons being that insurance dont like them, due to your car being left running. Also asking for trouble as it would mean messing with the immobilser. Plus s3 has a water pump overun which is designed to cool the turbo, this coupled with steady driving should see you no problems with your turbo.

1.8t's already have after run water pumps that do much the same thing...

<tuffty/>

these engines have water-pump run on??!

How does that work? is the water pump electrical?? Is there a second water pump...?

Good luck fitting one and getting it to work with the OEM alarm system.... I'd avoid.

there still wont be oil flow to the turbo once the ignition is off.
But as already stated i just sit in the car for a min or two.

Ive never had a car fitted with a turbo timer but they would be pointless for me as i live on a hill and i wouldnt be able to leave the car in gear!

Mine dont have the electric water pump after engine shut off :(

Hummm i shall have a look as its above the rad driver side isn't it ?

If i have, how do i fix it ?

Depends on whats wrong with it )

Fuse blown, dodgy wiring and ******** pump are the likely choices....

Not sure but the fuse may be one of the ones on the top of the battery...

<tuffty/>

Fuses on top of the battery are fine, found the fuse for it No. 16 10a micro which is fine.

Where do i find this pump then Tuff ?