Turbo swap pd140 bkd

Louis Scott

Would oil residue in boost pipes cause turbo to fail? Been told a full Intercooler flush and clean is needed after swapping a turbo? Didnt on mine and any other pd engine ive had, when i swapped the turbo the car was jacked up on a tilt and both intercooler pipes was undone and abit of oil came out i then left for 2 days on the jack, completed it around 12:30 lunch time and around half 10 at night i got a call saying the turbo had gone? No issues with my car after a turbo swap and i had a good 2 litres or more go into my intercooler.

Louis Scott

Would oil residue in boost pipes cause turbo to fail? Been told a full Intercooler flush and clean is needed after swapping a turbo? Didnt on mine and any other pd engine ive had, when i swapped the turbo the car was jacked up on a tilt and both intercooler pipes was undone and abit of oil came out i then left for 2 days on the jack, completed it around 12:30 lunch time and around half 10 at night i got a call saying the turbo had gone? No issues with my car after a turbo swap and i had a good 2 litres or more go into my intercooler.
Also i forgot to say the turbo was brought second hand, no idea how many miles it had done

NHN

Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat
Site Sponsor
VCDS Map User
Did you strip the used turbo, check & clean the vanes as unless the old turbo went bang, then no IC & pipes clean needed.

Louis Scott

I did the usual, check for play it had some but no more than mine, the actuator was relatively easy to press i had to give it abit if nundge to go at first but besides that it was just a normal looking dirty turbo

NHN

Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat
Site Sponsor
VCDS Map User
Rule of thumb on bkd, unless new turbo, strip, clean then fit as sounds like it was clogged to me if fitted all properly.

Think I have a used one somewhere I already cleaned back to the metal so it's like new interms of vanes mechanisms.