Turbo support bracket importance...

Tom93

Reaction score
Is it important?

Im at my wits end, had an absolute **** of a time fitting this v4, finally managed to get the turbo bolted up and i cant get the bolt through the bracket, ive already elongated the whole in the casting because it didnt line up before, and now i can almost get the bolt through but it just wont catch the threads.

Not sure if ive explained this very well, seriously need some help, so fed up, if anyone in the southwest is capable of sorting this just give me a number, i have no love for the s3 left :(

undo the bracket bolts which hold it to the block so it can "float about"
you may stand a chance of getting it closer then, if not bending the bracket to suit the turbos non std location will be required, and hopefully your downpipe wont now hit if the turbos not in the same position post v4 relentless mani

Im done for another day now anyway, have to have another go after work tomorrow. Failing that im going to either cut it off and have someone else weld it back on in a better position or drill right through the ******* in situ (somehow) and put a nuts and bolt through it. Will it be ok like that for me to attempt to get the car running tomorrow? Atleast plumbed in and running even if i dont drive it? So ****** off with it, hands down the most difficult/troublesome job ive ever done, and ive swapped engines and built engines and diesel pumps and all sorts.

I've recently done this also buddy I had a ball ache changing all the turbo and mani for a v4 with engine out and in the floor and was a **** of a job getting that bolt through. Cut a long story short mine was in garage and they took turbo off without saying anything, I had to take to exhaust shop left the car there but popped in and they said that bolt wasn't even in. They got a slightly longer bolt and ground the end to a point and bend the bolt to be able to get a nut on it. Could try that maybe??

Ended up just getting the drill in there, took almost no effort at all to go right through then just put a new bolt in and double nutted it! All the fluid lines are connected and the downpipe is on, but i noticed the billet adapter for the tip is touching one of the gear selector cables, had to call it a day then anyway, have to try and sort that tomorrow then start it up hopefully...

Ended up just getting the drill in there, took almost no effort at all to go right through then just put a new bolt in and double nutted it! All the fluid lines are connected and the downpipe is on, but i noticed the billet adapter for the tip is touching one of the gear selector cables, had to call it a day then anyway, have to try and sort that tomorrow then start it up hopefully...
its moved the turbo that far? jeez

My gear cables are just about sitting under the billet adaptor also, wish I went with the B5 V2 mani not impressed one bit with any of the relentless stuff at all,

And now i started it, and its blowing like a trooper, sounds like its got no exhaust, and i cant see any issues anywhere, dont know what to do now :( need to be out the garage tomorrow

Sounds exactly how mine went mate, I was told after installing mine that either add a washer under the bolt heads or trim a few mm off the bolts to make them clamp tighter between turbo and mani that's were mine was blowing

Theres no way that would work, theres enough thread on the studs, the manifold goes up to high it was catching the head above the flange so theres no way it could of been tightened, ended up taking it off and putting the standard mani back on, also the support bracket was a complete ******* and as said above it moved the turbo right across to making contact with the gear cables, which now ive refitted the oe mani its actually quite a big bit of movement. There was no way i was going to get my tip on. HAve spoke to Sam and he going to sort a refund. Maybe one day i will pay someone to fit one for me, but i will not be doing that job again.

They are a pain in the **** for sure mate and I personally think it's not how's it portrayed to be fitting is crap and moves everything massive amounts, sounds like you've had simialr issues to what I had fitting mine,

Not a nice product at all

Reactions: badger5
Its a shame but im just glad to have my car running again :(

Reactions: Grale1