Turbo query 163 1.8t

chrissy20vt

Reaction score
I have a sport avant, 163 I 'think', To be fair the engine code system on VAG's is crazy!! I see on my log book the egine number strarts with BFB, Upon searching I believe my code to be BFB, Although my cars a late 2002 & the code sites state my code starts in 2005???

Anyways, My turbo is barely boosting and on revving I can hear the Comp wheel rattling round, Not bad @ 204k!

My question is to help me source the correct turbo, I again 'think' its a K03 - 029, Is this right, and as a 100% direct replacement is that the ONLY one I can use, or can I widen my search?

Also need clutch advice, I think Im running a DMF, I can get a clutch kit for £90, but I know from my Leon Cupra R @ 80k, my flywheel will be fluffed.... so I found a G60 & Vr6 combo, does this fit to the A4's? its £195 and Ill be getting the clutch & turbo done together...

The G60 - VR6 combo wont work due to the engine being longitudinal (Starter ring is on the wrong side of the flywheel)
There are SMF kits on ebay that will fit though.

You can get a Valeo single mass flywheel for the AVF 1.9Tdi engine, it uses a VR6 clutch and pressure plate...