Turbo Muffler Delete Pipe, yay or nay?

I looked into this as I was wanting a bit more noise but it doesn’t seem worth it.

I looked into this as I was wanting a bit more noise but it doesn’t seem worth it.

Im at work at the minute so I'll watch the video when I'm home, doesn't sound like a worth while mod then.

I’ve purchased and fitted a turbo muffler delete - unfortunately I didn’t hear any difference in noise nor any performance increase.

I think if you want to hear the turbo more than a CAI would be the way to go.

Sorry to not bring better news. Mine is made by AirTec and cost around £90 I believe.

I’ve purchased and fitted a turbo muffler delete - unfortunately I didn’t hear any difference in noise nor any performance increase.

I think if you want to hear the turbo more than a CAI would be the way to go.

Sorry to not bring better news. Mine is made by AirTec and cost around £90 I believe.

Any news is good news, at least I know to avoid it.

Reactions: Pita100
We have one fitted too...alongside silicone intake pipe and a Ramair induction kit...

Audibly, there is very little difference with just the turbo muffler delete and intake pipe, but the induction kit has made a nice bit of difference.

The restrictions are clear when you compare the parts side by side...but when will you notice the restrictions realistically day to day driving?? I dont think so...All it will mean is the engine is slightly less efficient...

However, again, saying the above, I have noticed the car pulls harder when above say 80-90mph...and continues to pull very well to around 130-140mph (all on test tracks up in Bruntingthorpe)

BUT...the outlay of the induction kit, muffler delete, intake pipes etc...is pretty hefty for just noise!

I think I would have been happy with drawing the line at just an induction kit...which compared to the old Cossie/RST days, still sound so dull and underwelming!

I did notice a difference when I fitted mine not massive but enough, I also have the forge carbon intake.

I have the APR muffler delete fitted to my S3, and I noticed a difference straight away.

Reactions: MikeParkin
See I’ve be been eyeing a few of these up, question is, is there actually any difference between different brands? ???

Dearest is APR coming in at £160

Cheapest brand is airtec £79

Some cheaper non branded ones on eBay..

Muffler delete isn’t really visible to anyone so in this case having your favourite brands logo on show doesn’t matter.

If theirs no difference with them all Think I’ll be going for the airtec and not APR, save extra pennies for so something else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Pita100
See I’ve be been eyeing a few of these up, question is, is there actually any difference between different brands? ???

Dearest is APR coming in at £160

Cheapest brand is airtec £79

Some cheaper non branded ones on eBay..

Muffler delete isn’t really visible to anyone so in this case having your favourite brands logo on show doesn’t matter.

If theirs no difference with them all Think I’ll be going for the airtec and not APR, save extra pennies for so something else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

APR's selling point was that you thread the main part down through the faceplate as far as it will go, then glue it to ensure a perfect seal. They argued that everyone's car is different, and so a part made to the same size across the board may result in air leaks for some and not for others.

I bought the forge one but it really doesn’t matter, I’d go for the cheapest branded option.