turbo info please

deano1978

different gear
Reaction score
Thinking about upgrading to...bv43 turbo

but my thinking is if its a larger turbo,does it take longer to spool up compared to my nippy little stock turbo?

Will mpg be affected,when driving in normal conditions?

What about larger injector nozzles,i heard this can Improve mpg?
But at £600!

Im happy with motor. Just thinking about this route.

Cheers.
Deano

I have this turbo for the last 2years on my car;the turbo doesn`t spool later than stock turbo,coz to the end is a small turbo as well,but depend how good is the remap.
In my case i have full boost at 2200rpm(1,7bar) to protect the clutch.

You don`t need bigger nozzle to suit this turbo,the stock one`s are k.

I have this turbo for the last 2years on my car;the turbo doesn`t spool later than stock turbo,coz to the end is a small turbo as well,but depend how good is the remap.
In my case i have full boost at 2200rpm(1,7bar) to protect the clutch.

You don`t need bigger nozzle to suit this turbo,the stock one`s are k.

Could you tell how you converted the PD170 turbo electronic actuator to a full vacuum system as on the original turbo ?

thanks

Stock injectors should be fine and mpg difference if anything won't be noticable, only reason for bigger injectors are if there's a couple of other goodies in the mix. Overall mpg should be the same... I think?

Totally unrelated but Darkside seems the place to go (or the place I'm going anyway because my stock turbo's ruined which gives me a good excuse to upgrade haha)

Sorry to hijack, but does anyone know if a fmic is necessary?

Could you tell how you converted the PD170 turbo electronic actuator to a full vacuum system as on the original turbo ?

thanks
Bv43 has a vacuum actuator, there's a position sensor on top but you're not using that....

Stock injectors should be fine and mpg difference if anything won't be noticable, only reason for bigger injectors are if there's a couple of other goodies in the mix. Overall mpg should be the same... I think?

Totally unrelated but Darkside seems the place to go (or the place I'm going anyway because my stock turbo's ruined which gives me a good excuse to upgrade haha)

Sorry to hijack, but does anyone know if a fmic is necessary?

Stock intercooler is fine, however a FMIC is much better as it won't get heat soaked as the side intercooler can get after a hard drive...