Turbo died, possible dead engine

Louis Scott

Reaction score
everyone, i have 0 luck with this car. My turbo exploded and split in half, i wasn't even giving it some! No power and loads of smoke (obviously) before the car was turned off for the last time it started revving loads. swapped turbo and went to start the car and nothing. No click, nothing. Could the starter motor had gone? Biggest fear is internal damage to the engine due to the turbo exploding. Any help is appreciated thanks

Fixed it, swapped turbo and starter motor, emptied all the oil out the Intercooler pipes and boom she started up, sounding better than it did before, i tried to post a pic of the turbo but the image is too large, its impressed me with how much damage it caused. The day after at work i walked to the shop and found half the turbine on the floor. Saved it as a souvenir lol

Fixed it, swapped turbo and starter motor, emptied all the oil out the Intercooler pipes and boom she started up, sounding better than it did before, i tried to post a pic of the turbo but the image is too large, its impressed me with how much damage it caused. The day after at work i walked to the shop and found half the turbine on the floor. Saved it as a souvenir lol
Lucky nothing went into the engine cylinder or valvetrain lol

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Been there myself, I flushed the IC out aswell as piping, metal pieces flowed out, it's not s great job to do, but peace of mind.

Intercoolers are really cheap even second hand I would always just replace it rather than test my luck with some jammed shard of metal waiting to come loose when I go over a bump