Turbo Cleaned but still overboost

RAFC_1990

Reaction score
So I took my car to the garage for the turbo to be cleaned and got it back and gone for a drive, driving to the redline for a bit and then took it up a steep hill and yet again turbo cut out and gone into limp mode, however the siren noise has now stopped.

Anyone any ideas?

Thanks

So I took my car to the garage for the turbo to be cleaned and got it back and gone for a drive, driving to the redline for a bit and then took it up a steep hill and yet again turbo cut out and gone into limp mode, however the siren noise has now stopped.

Anyone any ideas?

Thanks

I cleaned the egr valve and changed all the seals and clips on the boost pipes to the intercooler and so far no limp mode

Thanks, will look into cleaning the EGR valve etc.

You think the seals and clips could be the problem? Or mainly EGR valve being clogged up?

You think the seals and clips could be the problem? Or mainly EGR valve being clogged up?

To be honest I'm not sure...I just read a few threads and got some info and help from members on here on what cheaper options I could try before changing the turbo

Looks like the EGR valve is fine but the pressure sensor is caked in oil! So just going to replace that and hope for the best!