1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Turbo change

Rob1967 Aug 30, 2018

1. Rob1967

Rob1967 Member Team V6 Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group TDi Manual

I am on changing turbo on a6 2.7tdi is there any easy way to get the bottom pipe off I think it's the egr pipe it screwed on from bottom with very little room
    Thanks

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Roadrunner146

Roadrunner146 Active Member Team Moonlight TFSI Owners Group Team V6 Supercharged Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro S-line owners group

Is it possible to cut the pipe as close as possible to the turbo, and would there be enough length to reconnect .
    Just a thought.

4. B5NUT

B5NUT Well-Known Member TFSI Owners Group VCDS Map User Audi A6 Audi A3 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro S tronic S-line owners group

Sure you not talking about the small oil return pipe? That and the ERG is a pain to remove, and even more so to refit.

5. Rob1967

It is a small metal pipe directly under turbo bolted to middle of turbo on bottom on opposite side to oil feed pipe witch is on top

6. B5NUT

B5NUT Well-Known Member TFSI Owners Group VCDS Map User Audi A6 Audi A3 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro S tronic S-line owners group

If your talking about the small pipe with the green mark shown in this picture then than is the oil return pipe
    [​IMG]

7. Rob1967

Mine is different as it doesn't have pipe like that
    The one I mean is under turbo held on with 2 torx screw and a oval shape gasket

8. B5NUT

Sorry don't know then. I would follow the pipe and if it goes down towards the base of the engine then it will be the oil return pipe

9. Rob1967

It is the silver pipe as this goes on bottom

Attached Files: