turbo actuator help =) 1.8t agu

E4 FENN

mr fenn
Reaction score
hello everyone just a quick check with you guys,where should my pipe from the turbo actuator go?....i have a pipe on turbo intake neck,and one that goes from intake manny all the way round the top to under the air filter on a vac cross box......at the mo it set up from actuator to cross box and turbo neck pipe goes to one the feeds back round to intake manny,,,is that right??? cheers

Photos really would help here mate to be fair. But it doesn't sound quite right to me....

That doesnt sound right on my agu the only pipes on the inlet manifold are for the fpr , dv and brake servo. Iv never paid attention to the actuator tbh. As above a pic would be better to work it out cheers.

Oh yeah the pcv system is on the mani as well but thats not connected to the actuator.

I just can't visualise what this means:

at the mo it set up from actuator to cross box and turbo neck pipe goes to one the feeds back round to intake manny,,,is that right???

Right i think iv got my head round this now i would of replied last night but my head was well and truly up my **** and would have been wrong lol. It looks to me that you have a front mount intercooler fitted so the pipes are fitted a different way to standard. I think what you mean by the pcv valve is actually the diverter valve which sits in the intake pipe which has a pipe off the metal charge pipe going to it and a small vacuum pipe on top of it. As for the crossbox you are right thats the n75 valve which controls boost hence the pipe going to the actuator it also sits in the intake pipe it has an electrical connection and has another pipe which is a vacuum feed. It looks like the cars had a new actuator as well. I take it you have just bought the car ?

hello,no had the car 3 years,put a full new turbo set up on it =),and basicly forgot where what goes lol.....yeah its got a front intercooler...so i think it is set up right,its getting a new cam belt kit aswell

okay so on 2nd picture,just above the blue turbo intake pipe,theres a white n black ball,the pipe from turbo neck is on this line..

okay so on 2nd picture,just above the blue turbo intake pipe,theres a white n black ball,the pipe from turbo neck is on this line..
The only thing i can think of what you mean is the pressure regulating valve which is a ufo shaped thing in the intake pipe the rest of it goes to the crankcase breathers and from the pic thats in the right place. I cant think of anything which is ball shaped nothing on my car like that tbh.

There is alot to remember though to be fair lol. If you take your n75 out there are 3 pipes 1 is longer than the other 2. The longest one goes into the intake pipe the one above to the actuator and the one on the side to the compressor on the turbo i cant tell if its right from the pic. The other pipe you have is for the charcoal canister which is by the power steering fluid resevoir the plastic thing is a one way check valve and that does look like its the right way.

****** hell werent expecting that! looks pretty nice tho man i have to say. not somthing you often seen on audis.